The prelims were so bad last night. Main card was saved by Hooker and Harris

Legendary

Ꮥµpǝɹnøʌɐ
@Black
Reaction score
All 7 prelim fights went to decision. I was really tired from work yesterday so I kept falling asleep. I would wake up in the middle of the fights, watch a round or so, and fall back asleep. Fights were stinkers, and I unfortunately fell asleep right after the Arlovski fight. Woke up during the main event and barely watched it. So fucking boring.

I got mad because I didn't get to see Vick get KO'd live. I was impressed with Arlovski's striking, but thats about it. 6 hours of mainly shit fights.

I personally felt that 13 fights was way too many. Its one thing when they all flow really well, but last night my enthusiasm had ran out by the main card.

Yeah that was a decision fest.

Was funny to hear the announcement team get so excited on the first finish.

Overall kind of a meh night.

Meh no problem with decisions, the fights were just boring

At least Arlovski brought it

All 7 prelim fights went to decision. I was really tired from work yesterday so I kept falling asleep. I would wake up in the middle of the fights, watch a round or so, and fall back asleep. Fights were stinkers, and I unfortunately fell asleep right after the Arlovski fight. Woke up during the main event and barely watched it. So fucking boring.

I got mad because I didn't get to see Vick get KO'd live. I was impressed with Arlovski's striking, but thats about it. 6 hours of mainly shit fights.

I personally felt that 13 fights was way too many. Its one thing when they all flow really well, but last night my enthusiasm had ran out by the main card.

Ive always believed anything over 10 fights is to many. 5 main and 5 prelims should be all that is needed from a card.

You thought that Bautista/Son was bad ..because 'decision'?

The event was pretty bad overall, thankfully Pac/Thurman was a great fight.

You thought that Bautista/Son was bad ..because 'decision'?
One good decision fight was not enough to save the prelims. Fortunately the main card was much better.

I wish the UFC would air an edited version of the full card a couple hours after the actual event, trimming down the 4-5 hours to around maybe 2 hours of the best footage. I really want to see the prelims, but its just way too long to try to watch all the fights, especially when a lot go to decision.

The event looked pretty good on paper but boy was it a fucking stinker.....

Maybe next week will be the opposite. Shit looking card but the fights deliver like crazy.

Main event also sucked, but less than the prelims. Trying to think something that sucks as much as last weekend's prelims and not a vacuum cleaner...

That Trinaldo robbery added insult to injury: Guy ran away from fighting for 15 minutes and got rewarded for that.

I wish the UFC would air an edited version of the full card a couple hours after the actual event, trimming down the 4-5 hours to around maybe 2 hours of the best footage. I really want to see the prelims, but its just way too long to try to watch all the fights, especially when a lot go to decision.
If you have the ESPN app you can rewatch it after and fast forward through the commercials

I actually liked the main card.

Arlovski threw bombs and Ben Rothwell's chin absorbed every shot.

The Gods smiled on Hernandez yesterday giving him the controversial nod.

Juan Adams' gameplan was for Greg Hardy to punch himself out, while holding onto a single leg. The ref was having none of that. Ref stopped the fight throwing a wrench in the works.

Then Walt Harris with one of the most devastating ko's of the year. I think he lands a solid jab, and Olenik falls awkwardly. Stays out for a good long time.

Then for the main event:

RDA's eye got busted open in that main event from a succession of clean elbows breaking away from the clinch. Leon Edwards was a giant in the ring. My favorite was when RDA went for the flying knee. Edwards caught him in mid air and slammed him into the mat. It was an adult manhandling a child in there.

Anyways good card overall.

Maybe it's just me but decisions aren't anything to be degraded or discredited in my opinion. Of course we all love a good finish but if we've had a good solid fight too then it makes no difference to me if it goes to a decision.

Back