Why does Smilin Sam always seem so angry/shocked when he loses

zxyss25

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
First off, not trying to bash Sam at all...as he seems like a really nice guy out of the cage, is probably a great guy to be around and is married to a friggin model

But inside the cage, his performances have really declined, and he should probably be let go from the UFC

He seemed shocked that he lost a decision...almost to tears...but really he didnt do anything

Was he honestly expecting to win?

He also looked out of shape with a lot of body fat and basically now depends only on wining by landing flash KOs

He got lit up by Lil Nog and Crute

Last edited:
He should fight Theodoru in Bellators main event.

What an epic battle that would be huh

Well he went up to 205 when he was already a chubby dad bod at 185 so I doubt his work ethic and then he also has limited skills. He hits hard and he's got a good base against the cage to defend takedowns, that's really his whole game.

His gimmick got old after the first 5 boring ass fights. Send him to OneFC. I think he matches up well with that Cosmo Alexander guy.

He should fight Theodoru in Bellators main event.

What an epic battle that would be huh

They already had an mma contest (I refuse to say fight here) and it's one of the worst modern UFC mma contests of all time

Well he went up to 205 when he was already a chubby dad bod at 185 so I doubt his work ethic and then he also has limited skills. He hits hard and he's got a good base against the cage to defend takedowns, that's really his whole game.

I'm not 100% positive on who, I believe it was Schaub, but someone said that when Alvey was on TUF he would quit in practice on a regular basis. Said he was really surprised he'd found any success in the UFC at all.

And if it isn't obvious yet Alvey is fight cancer unless he's landing a KO shot or getting his ass kicked. If he didn't have the smilin gimmick he'd have been gone forever ago.

At this point, Sam just tries to do the bare minimum needed to skate by with a win.

Obviously, it hasn't worked lately, thank god.

EDIT: Remember when people thought Alvey/Villante was going to be "FOTN & guaranteed violence?"

<PlusJuan>

During the fight I commented that he looked unmotivated.
He was delusional to think he had won.

He should just do the heel turn and become Salty Sam Alvey. Probably closer to his true personality anyway

He may need to change his name to Delusional Dan Alvey.

He literally does nothing for a long stretches in each fight.

Funniest was him nodding his head smiling as Buffer read the 30-27 score, as if he was certain he routed homie. haha

Then he went

giphy.gif

Last edited:
The announcers even made it sound like it was super close with I can't remember who saying something like "the last 30 seconds could determine the winner" or some shit. Alvey, in my humble opinion, clearly lost. Don't sit there and wait for your one punch you throw...

He should just do the heel turn and become Salty Sam Alvey. Probably closer to his true personality anyway

Ha, I'm so for this! The way he fights now already makes him unlikable enough. Why not go all-in?

...I'm even more in favor of it if "Salty" would be a word he can actually spell correctly.

But hey at least his wifes hot

Back