“Run, Jorge, Run” : Leon Edwards Trolls Titleshot-Focused Masvidal

Do you want to see Edwards vs. Masvidal before or after Masvidal gets his titleshot?

• Total voters

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
“Run, Forrest Jorge, Run!”

It didn’t take long for Leon Edwards to respond to Jorge Masvidal on social media.

Fresh off of a decision win over Rafael dos Anjos in the main event of UFC San Antonio, Edwards used his post-fight interview as an opportunity to call out Masvidal, who got into a backstage brawl with him back at UFC London.

Masvidal took to Twitter late last night and criticized Edwards’ fight as boring. Now, Edwards has fired back at his rival. Here’s what Edwards had to say to Masvidal on Twitter.

“Run, Jorge, Run.” — Leon Edwards

It appears that Edwards and Masvidal are on a collision course sooner rather than later. After beating dos Anjos, Edwards has now won eight fights in a row in the UFC welterweight division and has an excellent 10-2 overall record inside the Octagon.

As for Masvidal, he’s fresh off of back-to-back highlight-reel knockouts over Darren Till and Ben Askren, the latter setting the UFC record for fastest KO at just five seconds. There is arguably no hotter fight in the sport than Masvidal right now, and he could be in line for a title shot against UFC welterweight champion Kamaru Usman instead of Edwards.

That will likely depend on what happens between Colby Covington and Robbie Lawler at UFC on ESPN 5 next month in New Jersey. UFC president Dana White has already said Covington is the No. 1 contender, but after Masvidal knocked out Askren the way he did, it’s likely Covington needs a great performance against Lawler to guarantee his title shot.

We’ll see what happens between Edwards and Masvidal in the meantime. Even if this fight doesn’t happen next, it looks like it’s destined to happen at some point. The fans want to see the fight and it seems like the fighters want it, too.

-BJPenn.com

Last edited:
Edwards is 1-1 in his last 2.

He cruised against RDA and didn't show me anything to warrant a rematch against Masvidal.

before of course. Masvidal deserves no title shot with a 2 fight win streak.

I voted before, but that's misleading, if Leon fights Mas next then Jorge isn't getting any title shot.

lol

jorge wasnt running backstage,so really its a stupid thing to say. I understand he is trying to get the fight,but lol

He cruised against RDA and didn't show me anything to warrant a rematch against Masvidal.
He's on a 8 fight win streak dummy. I feel secondhand embarassed for you guys when you think its cool to call suckerpunching someone in the public a win in your professional mma record. Its ridiculuous, cringy and embarassing-

Edwards beats Masvidal in the octagon. He likely couldn’t pass a food handlers test so he wouldn’t be permitted to hand out any more 3 pieces.

I’d like to see this fight now, neither guy will be getting a title shot this year so why not fight each other

I hate these threads that try to make me vote for 2 options I don't like lol. I don't want to see this fight period. Edwards bores the shit out of me.

Last edited:
He's on a 8 fight win streak dummy. I feel secondhand embarassed for you guys when you think its cool to call suckerpunching someone in the public a win in your professional mma record. Its ridiculuous, cringy and embarassing-

c19821030f733adad5534c154afc453a.gif

an 8*
embarrassed*
it's*
ridiculous*

A few too many grammatical and spelling errors to be calling someone dummy.

It's telling that Masvidal fans seem to be the only ones that don't want this fight. It's almost like they know something...

c19821030f733adad5534c154afc453a.gif

an 8*
embarrassed*
it's*
ridiculous*

A few too many grammatical and spelling errors to be calling someone dummy.
i dont give a shit about grammar in forums, the message is that counts, not the spelling. And your message was saying: "i am a dumbass!". And thats ok. There are quite a few of those here.

i dont give a shit about grammar in forums, the message is that counts, not the spelling. And your message was saying: "i am a dumbass!". And thats ok. There are quite a few of those.

I don't*
what, not that*
I*
that's*

@LastBlood learning a lot today.
Proud of you little buddy.

Masvidal deserves a shot for stopping Askren like he did.

Vet deserves the bone.

Don't be haters. Edwards is 25 he'll be fine.

You can run but you can’t hide. You’re time is coming Jorge.

Back