The Decision Narrative pushed by the casuals who've infiltrated our sport

The Legendary Scarface

Record since UFC 266 : 51-34
@Black
Reaction score
We need to draw a line and put an end to this nonsense.

The casuals have infiltrated our sport with this Anti-Decision boring fighter narrative that's ruining MMA.

Not everybody is gonna get knocked out every fight. Some fighters have great defense and don't get caught clean in fights. There's nothing wrong with going out there and putting on a masterclass all around performance and winning a decision so stop talking shit.

If you wanna watch guys being unconscious and sloppy every fight, go watch bum fights on YouTube or bare knuckle or some shit.

High level mmartists will win impressive decisions and if you can't appreciate that then your a vile casual who's disrespecting this sport...

High level mmartists will win impressive decisions and if you can't appreciate that then your a vile casual who's disrespecting this sport...
I FULLY agree with the 1st part of your statement.

Then again, some guys win UN-impressive decisions.

Take two examples of high level MMArtists winning decisions:

Khabib usually dominates people with complete ground control while slowly turning their faces into minced flesh like some kind of nightmarish meat grinder. The Barboza fight was impressive as fuck and Raging Al is very hard to finish so the UD was no surprise and still very dominant.

Jones (lately) pokes eyes, kicks calves and knees, keeps his distance and cruises to a win. His UD over a mentally frozen MW Smith (with the aid of an illegal knee too) and his highly controversial SD over a bum-kneed MW Santos were not impressive at all.

Apples and oranges.

Last edited:
Being a well rounded, well-conditioned, mature fighter who can put on an impressive showing and go the distance will always be more impressive to me then a brutal knockout.

Being a well rounded, well-conditioned, mature fighter who can put on an impressive showing and go the distance will always be more impressive to me then a brutal knockout.

LMFAO so you're saying that Stipe Miocic's decision win over Ngannou was more impressive than When Ngannou fatality uppercut Overeem on the chin?? You're clearly out of your mind... You must have loved Leon Edwards fight last night... Bahaha

Yeah, but finishes are way sexier. Always have been, always will be...

There are plenty of fight-of-the-whatever that ended in judges decisions.
Compare Condit-Lawler to Edwards-RDA and tell me they are the same thing.
People know shite when they see it.

I don't mind if a fight goes all the way. A good war is a good war.
I do mind that 1 fighter gets a gift victory when a fight goes all the way.
Fighting is about stopping your opponent, so if a fight goes all the way, that means both fighters failed at their job, so neither should be rewarded with a gift win.
All decisions should be draws, without exception.

Actually Dana is the one who pushes the "don't leave it to the judges" stuff and casuals just believe that shit.

I prefer a UD beatdown like Cain gave to JDS in their second fight, let casuals drink the proper 12 kool aid made by dana and Mcg, as a fan i liked the way Leon fought.

EDIT: typos

Last edited:
Excuse me for not wanting to a car filled with Eroshkin/Gonzaga type fights.

Everybody loves a finish, I think we can all agree to that. But there are certainly some good fights that go to Decision. Good back and forth fights or a decision where one fighter is extremely impressive. A decision does not automatically make it a bad fight.

Last night, however, had a lot of bad decisions where neither guy really got much going and it was overall a pretty boring card. Most fights both fighters were rather tentative and had difficulty doing anything of note. Some of it was being closely matched and some of it was being overly cautious.

The casuals have infiltrated our sport with this Anti-Decision boring fighter narrative that's ruining MMA.

Not everybody is gonna get knocked out every fight. Some fighters have great defense and don't get caught clean in fights. There's nothing wrong with going out there and putting on a masterclass all around performance and winning a decision so stop talking shit.

If you wanna watch guys being unconscious and sloppy every fight, go watch bum fights on YouTube or bare knuckle or some shit.

They need to implement PFL rules and reward fighters with points, accordingly.

There were some pretty good fights, in that card, and some that were PROPER AVERAGE.

Lets not pretend that we just witnessed some sort of master class.

This card had nothing to do with a stacked UFC or PRIDE card which could also have like 8 + decisions.

There were no fights of the month, no fights of the year on that one.

So you don't have to be a filthy casual or a just bleed kind of guy to be slightly dissapointed with some of the scraps that took place last night.

Actually Dana is the one who pushes the "don't leave t to the judges" stuff and casuals just believe that shit.

I prefer a UD beatdown like Caid gave to JDS in their second fight, let casuals drink the proper 12 kool aid made by dana and Mcg, as a fan i liked the way Leon fought.

so the second time that Cain won....where he again beat the shit out of him for 5 rounds, only to finish him in the 5th was less imrpessive now, was it?

No, a filthy casual is someone who has forgotten the pure ecstasy of worshipping at the altar of JBG.

FlawedTinyBison-small.gif

Last edited:
It's not so much that people hate decisions, but they do hate point-fighting, where a fighter is clearly not working for a finish.

This has been a minor issue since the beginning of the sport and it’s still just a minor message board issue

I don't mind if a fight goes all the way. A good war is a good war.
I do mind that 1 fighter gets a gift victory when a fight goes all the way.
Fighting is about stopping your opponent, so if a fight goes all the way, that means both fighters failed at their job, so neither should be rewarded with a gift win.
All decisions should be draws, without exception.

i get what you are trying to say and you are coming from a 'place of good intentions'. I tend to agree with what you said..

It's like comunism though. It hardly works in practice. Many fighters would run for 15 minutes, just to walk away with a 'D'.

I think they need to implement a Pride+PFL kind of system. Yellow cards for stalling-10% off your paycheck - second yellow-20%-third yellow and you are out. (pardon me if I don't remember the percentages correctly) + different points for finishes and decisions. make a fucking league out of it. Add tournaments.

end the circus.

Like others have said, decisions can be great fights. Lawler/McDonald is a perfect example I think. Would you have wanted that fight stopped two or three rounds earlier?

My only real problem with decisions, other than when they come at the end of a dull fight, is when the judges get an obvious fight badly wrong.

I've always taken Dana's "Don't leave it in the hands of the judges" to mean, "If you don't want to risk having a fight stolen by a truly fucked decision, finish the fight."

GSP fan detected.

But, jokes aside... Yes, you are right. There are many good battles that ends up in a decision that people should applaud instead of don't give a shit, I agree with you. Don't get me wrong, I hate bar fights like Shogun vs Hendo for instance, that most people say "ohhh WHAT A FIGHT"... To me it was a bum fight, horrible, almost no technique, just chin. Then, you pick RDA vs Lawler and it was a very, very good brawler fight, much different. The first fight mentioned I booed, the last I did the opposite. Tastes and tastes.

This isn't some Olympic sport. It's sport entertainment. It's WWE with unscripted fights and loose storylines. A fighter can make up for their style with proper promotional skills, aka Chael.

At the end of the day the UFC is an entertainment business and watching someone lay and pray or cage fuck a guy with little action for 15 minutes is not entertaining to 90% of the fan base.

Back