Slow-Build Greg Hardy or Give Him Tough Opponent Next?

Should the UFC slow-build Greg Hardy's resume or give him a tough opponent next?

• Total voters

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Greg Hardy recycled so many cans in 2019 he’s already been nominated for Environmentalist of the Year. I think we can all agree it’s time for Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) to abandon the long con.

Figuratively speaking, of course.

Hardy scored a 45-second knockout win over Juan Adams at UFC on ESPN 4 last night in San Antonio (highlights), after “The Kraken” failed to release “The Prince of War’s” leg in what appeared to be a botched takedown attempt.

Don’t break out the party hats just yet.

I didn’t see anything in Hardy’s performance worth celebrating and that’s now three fights inside the Octagon that are, quite frankly, embarrassing.

1. His UFC debut against Allen Crowder ended by way of disqualification.
2. Dmitry Smoliakov folded up like Russian origami in his sophomore effort.
3. Adams fought like he was trying to keep pace with the Benny Hill music.

“Everybody wants to get me on the ground,” Hardy said after the fight. “For one, calling my name comes with consequences. For two, taking me down comes with consequences.”

There are two ways to look at this. Either Hardy is King of the Cans, or simply too good to be fighting journeymen and rough-cut rookies. Both scenarios end with a considerable jump in competition because at this point, we’re just spinning our wheels.

I know there’s a lot of talk about feeding Hardy to someone in the Top 5, like Francis Ngannou, but even if UFC was interested in making that fight, why would “The Predator” risk his spot in line for a high-risk, low-reward payday?

He wouldn’t.

Heading into UFC San Antonio, Walt Harris (13-7, 1 NC) was ranked No. 14 in the division and like Hardy, made quick work of his opponent (watch it). During his post-fight interview, the 256-pound “Big Ticket” — who also stands at 6’5” — called for a fight in Abu Dhabi against anyone the promotion deemed worthy.

Hardy (5-1) feels like a good fit.

Harris, 35, is an established veteran with a solid resume and above all else, will at least show up and make it a fight. That matters against a guy like Hardy, 30, who finished all five of his wins by first-round knockout with four of them coming in less than a minute.

-MMAMania.com

I want him KOED so tough opponent. Give him Lewis.

They should give him someone ranked but in the lower end (10-15), defintitely not Ngannou. In what world does that fight make sense now?

Ngannou. End his career most likely or if he beats him then he deserves to stay. Instant title shot,maximize his "name value" and then kick his ass to the curb.

Feed him to Ngannou, pls I wanna see this guy getting hurt so bad. Fook him.

Let him fight the guy that just slept Crowder in 10 seconds. Or Justin Willis.

UFC is supposed to be the best of the best. This of course is highlighted by its incredible HW division as proven by all the compelling matches that can be made.

<Goldie11>

Greg Hardy recycled so many cans in 2019 he’s already been nominated for Environmentalist of the Year. I think we can all agree it’s time for Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) to abandon the long con.

Figuratively speaking, of course.

Hardy scored a 45-second knockout win over Juan Adams at UFC on ESPN 4 last night in San Antonio (highlights), after “The Kraken” failed to release “The Prince of War’s” leg in what appeared to be a botched takedown attempt.

Don’t break out the party hats just yet.

I didn’t see anything in Hardy’s performance worth celebrating and that’s now three fights inside the Octagon that are, quite frankly, embarrassing.

1. His UFC debut against Allen Crowder ended by way of disqualification.
2. Dmitry Smoliakov folded up like Russian origami in his sophomore effort.
3. Adams fought like he was trying to keep pace with the Benny Hill music.

“Everybody wants to get me on the ground,” Hardy said after the fight. “For one, calling my name comes with consequences. For two, taking me down comes with consequences.”

There are two ways to look at this. Either Hardy is King of the Cans, or simply too good to be fighting journeymen and rough-cut rookies. Both scenarios end with a considerable jump in competition because at this point, we’re just spinning our wheels.

I know there’s a lot of talk about feeding Hardy to someone in the Top 5, like Francis Ngannou, but even if UFC was interested in making that fight, why would “The Predator” risk his spot in line for a high-risk, low-reward payday?

He wouldn’t.

Heading into UFC San Antonio, Walt Harris (13-7, 1 NC) was ranked No. 14 in the division and like Hardy, made quick work of his opponent (watch it). During his post-fight interview, the 256-pound “Big Ticket” — who also stands at 6’5” — called for a fight in Abu Dhabi against anyone the promotion deemed worthy.

Hardy (5-1) feels like a good fit.

Harris, 35, is an established veteran with a solid resume and above all else, will at least show up and make it a fight. That matters against a guy like Hardy, 30, who finished all five of his wins by first-round knockout with four of them coming in less than a minute.

-MMAMania.com

You do realize that Walt Harris and Greg Hardy are friends and they won't fight each other... So you're thread is worthless

Ya'll talking about Lewis and Ngannou? The dude is like 5 - 1. But he does need a step up in competition. I say give him Rozenstruik.

1 more gimme fights then get him a legend who's way over the hill to kill.

Give him an old dude like Ben Rothwell or Arlovski

I’m pretty sure he gets embarrassed by anybody note worthy so I don’t expect the UFC to give him anybody too dangerous, they want to cash in on him as long as possible.

He probably gets somebody that’s had several UFC fights but hasn’t been very successful. Chris de la Rocha or Cyril Asker fit the bill.

Back