Edwards is for real

CPH

street lethal
@Gold
Reaction score
It’s well known that I’m on team Gamebred but I have to be real: Edwards is very skilled and would give anyone in the top 5 problems, including Jorge.

I still think that Masvidal’s wins are better and he deserves the shot NOW, but Edwards is coming for that belt. Looking forward to his next fight.

His striking was on point like expected, but his grappling is what really impressed me. He seemed very complete. Also his calmness was off the charts.

Then you woke up realized it was all a dream???????????

Honestly, I've always liked Masvidal until recently with the whole Askren thing (I don't know why but I just felt he's spoiled himself with all that) however I never thought I would warm to Leon Edwards but I actually am (fair play to him also for doing this because it's nothing but a credit to him).

In regards to Masvidal there's no doubt he's in the conversation for the title, for sure! I'd like to see him have one more fight and win first though and then definitely get a shot at the title.

I hope Leon Edwards can keep it going too and not go back to how he was before (when him and his brother were talking about security saving Masvidal etc.. it was like no lol) but this is the thing, he doesn't need to be like that and just continue what he's doing to eventually not only get that potential shot but also the fight with Masvidal at some point which I'm sure will happen.

It could be pretty good too :)

Pretty simple 50-45 or 49-46 for Edwards if he fights Mas. He just beat RDA who I feel would handle Jorge pretty easily and maul him like he did Lawler. I feel like Masvidal's wins look more impressive, but beating RDA at every aspect of MMA is super impressive and something we haven't really seen before.

The only problem I have with Edwards is his finishing rate. He's had 12 fights in the UFC with 9 going to decision...:cool:

Yeah but can Edwards defend against a three-piece and a soda???

I heard there's a bidding war between Ambien & Lunesta for sponsorship rights...

Edwards is growing on me. He's just a quiet, humble dude and doesn't try to put on a shtick to be a star. He's just a really good Mixed Martial Artist.

Hats off to dude.

He's extremely talented. It's very impressive to watch anyone be that composed and unconcerned while in there with an absolute killer like RDA. Dude was straight relaxed and not even breathing heavy. He dealt with the kicks beautifully, scored takedowns, got up without taking any damage the one time he went down after a good leg kick, used feints, setups, footwork, good long straight punches and that brilliant elbow off nearly every single clinch break. One of the most complete fighters in MMA right now. It's a shame to see him not given the credit he deserves.

I thought RDA would he a tough match-up for him stylistically but he put on an absolute masterclass. I don't believe anyone has beaten him everywhere the fight went like that before. Usman dominated him but not in the same calculated manner, he just bulldozed him with his pressure and wrestling. This was something different.

Back