The English desperate for relevance?

Koro_11

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
So Till got clowned and exposed, Jimi Manuwa is a punching bag, Michael Page got slept in his last fight, Dan Hardy is long gone, and Bisping's brain has been so damaged that he thinks Nunes would beat Cejudo. So what's left? Leon Edwards.

I see all this outrage about Masvidal getting all the love and hype, and claims that he's ducking Leon Edwards lol. NO ONE gives a shit about Leon Edwards, WW is an absolute shark tank and there's half a dozen guys on big win streaks who are all much more exciting and who actually go for the finish and get it.

Santiago Ponzinibbio, Vicebte Luque, Claudio Silva, Eliazu Zaleski... these guys are all on huge win streaks as well, and THEY'RE finishing their opponents, yet none of them are getting any mention, so Leon can go to the back of the line. I would rather watch any one of these guys over Leon Edwards, who shows me no desire to finish or separate himself from the pack when he fights.

Masvidal went balls out against two top contenders in his last two fights, and after a long career is finally on the verge of a potential title shot. The idea that he owes it to some boring dime a dozen jack of all trades decision machine who no one gives a shit about, and who he's already punched out in the real world, is a joke.

Masvidal should get a high profile fight or a title shot, not so much for winning two in a row, but for his overall career and the way he's brought it this year. Leon Edwards has plenty of guys he can fight, let's see how he does against Askren if he's not impressed by Jorge's win.

All those guys you listed would lose to RDA, Masvidal included. Jorge isn't even the most deserving of a WW title shot at ATT. Pretty funny for a bandwagon fan to be accusing other people of being desperate to be relevant though. Let's see where all the Mas fans are at when he's back on a losing streak and having stinkers every fight once again.

No one in the UK knows who Leon Edward's is, no one cares. The UFC isn't popular here and other than maybe having an idea of who Conor McGregor is the average person here wouldn't have a clue who Till, Edwards or Bisping are.

So no, you're wrong, people here are simpley not aware of Edwards or any other fighter. MMA is a niche sport and is about as popular as snooker

Last edited:
So Till got clowned and exposed, Jimi Manuwa is a punching bag, Michael Page got slept in his last fight, Dan Hardy is long gone, and Bisping's brain has been so damaged that he thinks Nunes would beat Cejudo. So what's left? Leon Edwards.

I see all this outrage about Masvidal getting all the love and hype, and claims that he's ducking Leon Edwards lol. NO ONE gives a shit about Leon Edwards, WW is an absolute shark tank and there's half a dozen guys on big win streaks who are all much more exciting and who actually go for the finish and get it.

Santiago Ponzinibbio, Vicebte Luque, Claudio Silva, Eliazu Zaleski... these guys are all on huge win streaks as well, and THEY'RE finishing their opponents, yet none of them are getting any mention, so Leon can go to the back of the line. I would rather watch any one of these guys over Leon Edwards, who shows me no desire to finish or separate himself from the pack when he fights.

Masvidal went balls out against two top contenders in his last two fights, and after a long career is finally on the verge of a potential title shot. The idea that he owes it to some boring dime a dozen jack of all trades decision machine who no one gives a shit about, and who he's already punched out in the real world, is a joke.

Masvidal should get a high profile fight or a title shot, not so much for winning two in a row, but for his overall career and the way he's brought it this year. Leon Edwards has plenty of guys he can fight, let's see how he does against Askren if he's not impressed by Jorge's win.
you know Vicente Luque lost to Leon, right?

Before he went balls out for 2 fights he didnt go balls out. That's Mesvidals thing. Looks like a world beating beast then looks like rda did last night and takes a loss to someone just like leon .

lol no one over here knows who Leon Edwards is you fckin clown

All those guys you listed would lose to RDA, Masvidal included. Jorge isn't even the most deserving of a WW title shot at ATT. Pretty funny for a bandwagon fan to be accusing other people of being desperate to be relevant though. Let's see where all the Mas fans are at when he's back on a losing streak and having stinkers every fight once again.
LOL at bandwagon? Have you seen my join date?

You should check my post history, I'm sure you'll find I was a fan of Masvidal long before he got to the UFC.

Seriously, go to your room and let the grownups talk.

<DisgustingHHH>

No one in the UK knows who Leon Edward's is, no one cares. The UFC isn't popular here and other than maybe having an idea of who Conor McGregor is the average person here wouldn't have a clue who Till, Edwards or Bisping are.

So no, you're wrong, people here are simpley not aware of Edwards or any other fighter. MMA is a niche sport and is about at popular as snooker
I'm obviously talking about English guys on sherdog, my post was about sherdoggers whining about Masvidal supposedly ducking Edwards. If you're on sherdog you probably know who he is, I thought that was pretty obvious and didn't need to be explained.
{<hhh]

I'm obviously talking about English guys on sherdog, my post was about sherdoggers whining about Masvidal supposedly ducking Edwards. If you're on sherdog you probably know who he is, I thought that was pretty obvious and didn't need to be explained.
{<hhh]

I didn't read your post

The idea that he owes it to some boring dime a dozen jack of all trades decision machine who no one gives a shit about, and who he's already punched out in the real world, is a joke

And by “The real world”, you mean backstage with plenty of staff and security around to break it up before someone can hit back?

<36>

I also think so, and my brain is pretty ok.
tenor.gif

It’s pretty dumb to act as if dominating RDA in a main event fight is meaningless and lumping him with other guys who are CLEARLY less worthy of a top ranking doesn’t put him in a discussion with mas, who happened to sucker punch him a few months ago.

Lol at punched out in the real world. In the real world leon and his crew would have curb stomped mas instead of being able to rely on security and camera crews.

I don’t think that the average person from England is desperate for an MMA star, it’s more so Dana and the UFC. They had their foot in with Bisping and now he’s retired. The UFC wants another British MMA star to make money, plain and simple. But that’s Dana and co.
ca4aac875e0a73fc5ae1a599fcfb585f.jpg

Ben askren is not a proven top contender
He has one top 15 win and that was very controversial
Till is not a proven top contender
He has one top ten win and that was very controversial

Masvidal is also 2-2 in his last 4
Edwards has a better streak.
Nelson,RDA>Till Askren
8 fight win streak> 2 fight win streak

Masvidal should fight Edwards in a final eliminator.

Back