Hate to admit this...

indymmj

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I’m actually a little impressed by Hardy so far, I know he hasn’t fought anyone noteworthy but he’s made all of his opponents look like fools in there, quickly finishing them and they all look intimidated by him. He is making mma look really easy which is an impressive feat because it’s not. I really hope he losses because it would be the most awkward thing ever if he became a big headliner in the sport. But honestly so far he’s a lot better of a fighter then expected.

But how can he impress you if he hasn’t fought anybody noteworthy? His athleticism will carry him so far and has to this point but it’s yet to be seen whether or not he’s actually a good MMA fighter.

I’m with you in that I’m also intrigued...

I love him, too. He knocks people out, he looks and sounds cool... What's not to like?

I’m actually a little impressed by Hardy so far, I know he hasn’t fought anyone noteworthy but he’s made all of his opponents look like fools in there, quickly finishing them and they all look intimidated by him. He is making mma look really easy which is an impressive feat because it’s not. I really hope he losses because it would be the most awkward thing ever if he became a big headliner in the sport. But honestly so far he’s a lot better of a fighter then expected.
You forget his effort against Crowder? Nothing he did in that fight was impressive, actually I take that back, he smartly chose to take a dq loss rather than be embarrassed.

he didn't make the first guy he fought look like a fool, quite the opposite. he looked like he was either an idiot or a cheat (i suspect both)

i'm not impressed. all he does is hit hard. most HWs do, but he has no skills. that pre hype vid of him doing a sloppy omoplata doesn't convince me otherwise.

On topic everyone loves rumble and he did the same shit right? How geed does everyone get for an Antony fight.

He's not a shy flower, and he's a big dude. Ready for that step up. Right tonight was just stupid, but he did what he had to do. I'll watch his next fight if it's on ESPN, or on a Ppv I watch at the bar.

But how can he impress you if he hasn’t fought anybody noteworthy? His athleticism will carry him so far and has to this point but it’s yet to be seen whether or not he’s actually a good MMA fighter.

I’m with you in that I’m also intrigued...

It’s because of his ridiculous power in striking and grappling without even good technique. He defends takedown by just muscling opponents around. The way he’s finished his fights is a convincing he could do the same to a lot of HW and his wins he has hardly even broken a sweat besides his debut which show how inexperienced he really is. But if can impose his will like he has in his last two fights he’s a tough fight. Too early to tell if he can hang with the top dogs though

He had a decent speech at the end of the fight. Maybe he has grown up a bit.

You are impressed by him because he is torching cans, but you hope he loses because it would be awkward if he becomes a headliner in MMA??

You are impressed but want to see him fail? And I am guessing that is because of his personal problems, right?

These days? Not so much, well unless it was in Bare Knuckle.
I was more pointing out how the one thing that people hate him for on here is because of his DV past which is fair enough. But as usual society's double standards of not applying that to all the other fighters who are guilty of the same thing. He comes out like a bat out of hell with bad intentions and entertains. Not a fan of the guy but his fights aren't boring. Kind of like Conor, horrible human but very fun fights to watch.

Why do you hate to admit it?

He looks very impressive. He obviously has elite level freak athleticism, but he also has the fighter's mindset and the dedication to learning the craft. His hand speed, footwork, and power are all extremely impressive. He will for sure be top 10, it'll be extremely interesting to see whether he can develop the skills to be a true title contender. I don't know how anyone can be anything other than excited to watch him fight and see how he progresses.

Maybe he's very lucky or his past two opponents are bad. Give him a top 5-6 HW and then I'll agree.

I love him, too. He knocks people out, he looks and sounds cool... What's not to like?
What the fuck are you talking about? The guy looks like Beetlejuices overgrown twin brother in the face. I guess you're into the retard bug eyed look.

Back