Why ppl who hate on Hardy are complaining about him fighting cans...

Wolfbrigade

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
...when they also claim he is a can himself?

What kind of retarded logic is that? Ufc is just matching him with fighters of his own status. It will change soon though (if he keeps winning).

I honestly think that Hardy has a great chance against both Tuivasa and Lewis

Haters are genetically predisposed my dude.

juan-adams-1024x683.jpg

1156966186.jpg.0.jpg

The same people calling Ben Askren a can and making threads saying he's not ufc standard.

Now he's elite and top contender this week.

The Greg Hardy situation is odd. I wouldn't doubt there are mixed feels about him even at UFC offices.

He could have been on a main card, instead of being on Tuesday Contenders. He's a bigger draw than majority of fighters.

I don't know if they're holding him back, or grooming him for success.

because I don't want to see two cans go at in on the main card. pretty simple. i only care about seeing greg hardy fight someone with a pulse.

Is anyone actually saying he’s fighting cans and is a can himself?

I think people are saying that he cannot be hyped to the degree he is being hyped if he is fighting fairly low level competition. Seems reasonable to me...

Stop. He is being fed cans. Its so obvious. His last fight against Smolyakov was the closest the UFC has come to a "fixed fight" since I've been watching.

Hardy came in with huge athletic potential. I want him to fight a top guy so he loses. I don't want him developed properly, I want him to get smashes so we don't get a second round of Conor fans spamming the forums.

That was his 6th professional fight. I think they're doing a good job of grooming him and bringing him along slowly, nobody should be fighting ranked fighters after just 5 just professional fights. It'll be hard to hold him back though if he keeps getting the first round knockouts, he'll be fighting top 10 guys soon enough. The man is a fucking beast, he's an athletic freak with the exact mindset, mentality, and work ethic required to be an elite fighter. I'm excited to watch his progression.

Stop. He is being fed cans. Its so obvious. His last fight against Smolyakov was the closest the UFC has come to a "fixed fight" since I've been watching.

Where did i say he is NOT fighting cans???

That was his 6th professional fight. I think they're doing a good job of grooming him and bringing him along slowly, nobody should be fighting ranked fighters after just 5 just professional fights. It'll be hard to hold him back though if he keeps getting the first round knockouts, he'll be fighting top 10 guys soon enough. The man is a fucking beast, he's an athletic freak with the exact mindset, mentality, and work ethic required to be an elite fighter. I'm excited to watch his progression.

Some super fair points but the problem is that he is on the main card after a few fights fighting really low level opponents. That’s why people are annoyed. It’s a waste of a spot on the main card and totally undeserved. If he’s to be on the main card, he shouldn’t be fighting cans. Put him in the prelims or give him a proper opponent.

He’s fighting on main cards against garbage opponents because he’s famous for getting chucked from the NFL for assaulting a woman. People are reasonable to get annoyed.

Some super fair points but the problem is that he is on the main card after a few fights fighting really low level opponents. That’s why people are annoyed. It’s a waste of a spot on the main card and totally undeserved. If he’s to be on the main card, he shouldn’t be fighting cans. Put him in the prelims or give him a proper opponent.

He’s fighting on main cards against garbage opponents because he’s famous for getting chucked from the NFL for assaulting a woman. People are reasonable to get annoyed.
Meh, it's not like the main cards of random Fight Nights are reserved for exclusively elite fighters. We're not talking about a PPV card. Here are some fighters on the main cards of fight nights recently:

Aspen Ladd (main event)
Wellington Turman
Anthony Rocco Martin
Marco Polo Reyes
Anderson Dos Santos
Montana De La Rose

It's not so egregious to have Greg Hardy against some dude on the main card of a fight night. He's a legit potential future champ, with a decent following already... why not showcase him.

Also, your comment of him being "famous for getting chucked from the NFL for assaulting a woman" is just asinine... he's famous for being an All-Pro NFL player. We're talking about the elite of the elite freak athletes in the world. That's something special.

Also, your comment of him being "famous for getting chucked from the NFL for assaulting a woman" is just asinine... he's famous for being an All-Pro NFL player. We're talking about the elite of the elite freak athletes in the world. That's something special.

Some good points in your first part of the post. Have not done the research but how many of those men that you mentioned were on their 5th pro fight? Not being combative, just curious.

As for my point being “asinine”, it’s not. It’s a very America-centric viewpoint to take that he was famous for being an All-Pro NFL player. Those who don’t follow the NFL (and there are many in the USA and even more around the world who don’t give a toss about the sport or league) only really knew about him because of his legal troubles. His face was plastered all over national media after he was done for assault, not after he received the All-Pro nomination.

Some good points in your first part of the post. Have not done the research but how many of those men that you mentioned were on their 5th pro fight? Not being combative, just curious.

As for my point being “asinine”, it’s not. It’s a very America-centric viewpoint to take that he was famous for being an All-Pro NFL player. Those who don’t follow the NFL (and there are many in the USA and even more around the world who don’t give a toss about the sport or league) only really knew about him because of his legal troubles.
Sure, there are many people who don't follow the NFL.

There are also many that do. The NFL is the most popular league in North America, and North America is the UFC's biggest market. I don't know why you would discount the millions of NFL fans who consider Greg Hardy more famous than any other UFC fighter. That's just a fact. Of course he's gonna get a main card spot, I can't understand how anyone could possibly expect otherwise.

Sure, there are many people who don't follow the NFL.

There are also many that do. The NFL is the most popular league in North America, and North America is the UFC's biggest market. I don't know why you would discount the millions of NFL fans who consider Greg Hardy more famous than any other UFC fighter. That's just a fact. Of course he's gonna get a main card spot, I can't understand how anyone could possibly expect otherwise.

I’m offering a viewpoint as a UFC fan who is not from America and perhaps would like to see guys earn their stripes before being put on the main card.

For the record, I would not be opposed to Hardy on the main card if he fought actual opposition. The fact that he is getting “squash” matches on a main card does annoy me. I’d prefer to see something else.

I’m offering a viewpoint as a UFC fan who is not from America and perhaps would like to see guys earn their stripes before being put on the main card.

For the record, I would not be opposed to Hardy on the main card if he fought actual opposition. The fact that he is getting “squash” matches on a main card does annoy me. I’d prefer to see something else.
Fair enough, but I disagree. This is only a "squash match" because of the outcome. On paper, this was an even fight. In fact the Vegas betting odds were exactly even, and those are obviously completely objective. Both guys had similar professional experience, Juan Adams had some hype behind him too. It's easy to say a fight was one sided in hindsight after we've seen the outcome.

Back