Why is Greg Hardy where he is right now?

xMaxPower

Red Belt
Reaction score
EDIT: ok forget the sarcasm... this is why Hardy is where hes at:

UFC likes controversy because controversy = money (think mayweather vs Mcgregor)
Hardy is controversial as a heel due to his sketchy past.
They want him to win to build him up as a must see attraction.
Social justice warriors want him to lose, Just bleed fans want him to win.
They pay his opponents to lose by finish to build up the, "Hardy is a scary beast" narrative.
Hardys last 2 opponents folded to nothing because they are being paid to lose by finish, but they obviously also dont want brain damage, so they hold on to a single without moving until the ref stops it.

Last edited:
I think I agree with your point but this OP needs work. It's hot trash.

Guys who get kicked off of NFL practice squads -- Lesnar -- become UFC HW champ in 3 fights. Guys who get cut from the league after 1 year - Bob Sapp - beat K-1 GOATs and nearly kill MMA legends in their prime. Other NFL guys who get cut after 1 year -- Schaub, Mittrione -- KO MMA GOATs like Fedor and Cro Cop.

MMA is a fringe sport that's less popular than table tennis and volleyball. It doesn't get great athletes. The NFL gets some of the best athletes in the world.

Is it really surprising that an actually good NFL player just slightly past his prime can beat lower level UFC guys?

theres a secret code to this thread guys....
just put a "Not" before every sentence.

I have to prove myself to you now? lol

All you deserve is a shit post responses and relocation to the wasteland.

I am just curious what you think my point is. you dont have to prove anything lol

Because he can literally only be at one place at one time. Why are you where you're at? It's because you're there.

Walt Harris would do to Greg Hardy what Hardy does to the cans he fights.

Hardy sucks. They do want him to win. they hype him because he used to play ball sports so they slap him on ESPN cards.

Fuck this "Juan" guy. Has been talking about his supposed high level wrestling credentials and got absolutely wrecked.

Guys who get kicked off of NFL practice squads -- Lesnar -- become UFC HW champ in 3 fights. Guys who get cut from the league after 1 year - Bob Sapp - beat K-1 GOATs and nearly kill MMA legends in their prime. Other NFL guys who get cut after 1 year -- Schaub, Mittrione -- KO MMA GOATs like Fedor and Cro Cop.

MMA is a fringe sport that's less popular than table tennis and volleyball. It doesn't get great athletes. The NFL gets some of the best athletes in the world.

Is it really surprising that an actually good NFL player just slightly past his prime can beat lower level UFC guys?

Do people actually believe this shit?

These A level athletes would gas out of fear and anxiety. B level mentalities. That’s why they take part in a team sport - shared losses.

These A level athletes would gas out of fear and anxiety. B level mentalities. That’s why they take part in a team sport - shared losses.

Purists talk about how fighters have to have a "fighters mentality", some kind of mythical "it". They talk about "it" like it'd be rare among NFL and NBA guys. If Roy Nelson has "it", and Brendan Schaub and Matt Mitrione have "it", I think a lot of NFL guys would have "it".

Purists talk about how fighters have to have a "fighters mentality", some kind of mythical "it". They talk about "it" like it'd be rare among NFL and NBA guys. If Roy Nelson has "it", and Brendan Schaub and Matt Mitrione have "it", I think a lot of NFL guys would have "it".

It’s pretty easy to argue a viewpoint that your don’t truly believe - you’ve probably already entertained all the possible rebuttals over and over in your head from the other side of the coin. Alls I can say is that you’re signed up to an MMA forum yet here you are shitting on MMA fighters. If that’s how you choose to spend your time then you mustn’t have much going on.

Do you actually believe THAT shit?

My guess is they probably get into these team sports because they are way, WAY more popular and accessible, and could lead to college scholarships and millions of dollars down the road.

I dont understand why MMA fans are so insecure and defensive about this.

What is the argument? Do you believe that speed, strength, agility and coordination are meaningless attributes that have no bearing on a fight?

I dont think the debate is whether you could take Lebron James and throw him into an MMA fight. The argument is if you attracted more Lebron James level athletes at a younger age, the overall product would be much better. I dont see how anyone could argue this?

Do you actually believe THAT shit?

My guess is they probably get into these team sports because they are way, WAY more popular and accessible, and could lead to college scholarships and millions of dollars down the road.

I dont understand why MMA fans are so insecure and defensive about this.

What is the argument? Do you believe that speed, strength, agility and coordination are meaningless attributes that have no bearing on a fight?

I dont think the debate is whether you could take Lebron James and throw him into an MMA fight. The argument is if you attracted more Lebron James level athletes at a younger age, the overall product would be much better. I dont see how anyone could argue this?

Lebron James doesn’t represent every other basketball or nfl player. He is a stand alone freak athlete. There are plenty of those in MMA e.g Romero, Pereira. I’m not defensive or insecure about this topic - again my replies are born out of seeing this shit over and over on this, an mma site. Maybe you should go and take your a level talk to the actual nba forum? I’m sure they’d appreciate the circle jerk you guys are seemingly desperate to incite. There’s no other purpose for you and people like you to constantly parrot this garbage other than to rile people up, and you could say “oh well if you know it’s just to annoy you then why are you letting it annoy you” I’m not annoyed. I can call you out on your nonsense and be calm about it, it’s just boring.

Talking about lebron James here on an MMA forum out of some weird desire to ride the coat tails of greater men is a bad look

Lebron James doesn’t represent every other basketball or nfl player. He is a stand alone freak athlete. There are plenty of those in MMA e.g Romero, Pereira. I’m not defensive or insecure about this topic - again my replies are born out of seeing this shit over and over on this, an mma site. Maybe you should go and take your a level talk to the actual nba forum? I’m sure they’d appreciate the circle jerk you guys are seemingly desperate to incite. There’s no other purpose for you and people like you to constantly parrot this garbage other than to rile people up, and you could say “oh well if you know it’s just to annoy you then why are you letting it annoy you” I’m not annoyed. I can call you out on your nonsense and be calm about it, it’s just boring.

Talking about lebron James here on an MMA forum out of some weird desire to ride the coat tails of greater men is a bad look

You really are insecure.

This is the first time I've even taken part in an 'A level athlete' conversation, and all you did was generalize and infer some kind of weird worship.

It just stands to reason that better athletes would make better fighters. Unless you consider athleticism to be a negative trait in a fighter.

I'm not trying to rile you up. Again, that just seems like you being defensive.

Back