Unpopular Opinion: Edwards is a better version of Mas

The Legendary Scarface

Record since UFC 266 : 51-34
@Black
Reaction score
Incoming 3 piece and a soda memes...

But seriously, He's well rounded, a better wrestler, just as good of a striker, has longer reach, is bigger, stronger, younger and while Mas may have a few more highlights, I'm sure Edwards will too once he has that many fucking fights.

Edwards is better.

tenor.gif

Has the exact same reach.

Mas has much better boxing.

Edwards is a bum.

Leon Edwards is a great fighter but my god is he boring.

Decisioning LW's isn't gonna get you fame like murdering a MW and a legit WW wrestler like Masvidaldid.

He's not a better version, he's just better.

He's a complete fighter who mixes it up and can do it all. Masvidal has holes in his game. He occasional shows flashes of brilliance, but he's limited. This has been known for a long time. Only this new breed of dorks are impressed by him now and think he's a legitimate contender.

Edwards is welterweight version of Jon Jones, except with punches instead of kicks. You stay away from him, he picks you apart with his long reach. You get in on him, he clinches you and destroys you with elbows. He's going to be a tough puzzle to solve, just like Jon Jones.

Better? Okay.. w/e, maybay

"better version of Mas" .. not so sure

There’s a difference between an unpopular opinion and a flat out STUPID opinion.

Sounds like you’re either trolling or trying to hard to convince yourself bud.

giphy.gif

I think Edwards is a better fighter than Masvidal, but he's not a better VERSIOn of him

Their styles aren't similar at all

Edwards is a more technical version of Masvidal, however, he’s much less violent. At no point did I think DA was in danger of being ko’d. Still, I think it’d be an awesome fight.

He's not a better version, he's just better.

He's a complete fighter who mixes it up and can do it all. Masvidal has holes in his game. He occasional shows flashes of brilliance, but he's limited. This has been known for a long time. Only this new breed of dorks are impressed by him now and think he's a legitimate contender.

Lmao, what fucking holes masvidal has? He is excellent everywhere.

Back