You playing with legacies and lives outchea

If any 2 divisions could survive a split it's 155 and 170
Both are incredibly deep

Tear it down
Start at 130 and go up every 10lbs
Unlimited

Roster is deep enough but people fear change

That's too many weight classes

I'd be fine with a 165 division but that's it... And even that I can live without

RDA's size discrepancy had more to do with the height and reach disadvantage more so than the weight... And height and reach have little to nothing to do with your overall weight

That's too many weight classes

I'd be fine with a 165 division but that's it... And even that I can live without

RDA's size discrepancy had more to do with the height and reach disadvantage more so than the weight... And height and reach have little to nothing to do with your overall weight
It's literally 1 more weight class than we currently have

More freedom for the fighters and prolly more champ vs champ superfights

It's the wave

We stuck in our ways

RDA was obviously undersized

You playing with legacies and lives outchea

If any 2 divisions could survive a split it's 155 and 170
Both are incredibly deep

Tear it down
Start at 130 and go up every 10lbs
Unlimited

Roster is deep enough but people fear change
They may flame you but I agree 100%

I am down only for splitting 170 into 165 and 175.

I've been ready for the superweight classes for a couple years now. Lets get it going... We're only messing with MMA history. These weight classes are inevitable imo.

We don't need to change the rules, the weight classes already exist. UFC has to adopt them.

Weight class Upper weight limit
Strawweight 115 lb (52.2 kg)
Flyweight 125 lb (56.7 kg)
Bantamweight 135 lb (61.2 kg)
Featherweight 145 lb (65.8 kg)
Lightweight 155 lb (70.3 kg)
Super lightweight 165 lb (74.8 kg)
Welterweight 170 lb (77.1 kg)
Super welterweight 175 lb (79.4 kg)
Middleweight 185 lb (83.9 kg)
Super middleweight 195 lb (88.5 kg)
Light heavyweight 205 lb (93.0 kg)
Cruiserweight 225 lb (102.1 kg)
Heavyweight 265 lb (120.2 kg)
Super heavyweight N/A

A change is needed
Did you see the size difference?
This was a man that can't make 155 but is too small for 170

Great fighters like RDA deserve better

There is not enough talent to fill that many divisions, not to mention aggravating this double champ thing. We would have even triple champs holding divisions.

RDA is a small WW, but he is a bit on the bulkier side, he seems that much smaller because he is short.

TS has it right. At least TRY to eliminate some of this weight cutting nonsense.

I'd love a 165, 175, and 195. No need for a 225 imo, the heavier you go, you see the law of diminishing returns in regards to size, 206 and up is fine. The 2 best fighters in the world are 205ers anyway(Cormier and Jones)

I'm fine with:

Heavyweight

Having sort of random 15 and 20 pound weight class discrepancies seems retarded. There are a bunch of fighters in the "in-between" for 170-185 and 185-205. If you want to draw the line for heavyweights at 206+, that's cool. But pretending like those weight jumps make sense is dumb as fuck.

There is not enough talent to fill that many divisions, not to mention aggravating this double champ thing. We would have even triple champs holding divisions.

RDA is a small WW, but he is a bit on the bulkier side, he seems that much smaller because he is short.
There is more than enough talent

155 and 170 are deep AF

Not this shit again. No additional divisions to accommodate anyone, please. Too small at 170 and wanna fight at 155? MAKE THE FUCKING WEIGHT. UFC events have already been watered down as they are.

My 130lbs and then every 10lbs up to 210lbs would be fire
Trust
We'd get dream fights you'd never thought you'd see

Nah. Roster is 2 large now. Eliminating the tweener guys is a natural way to reduce the roster.

I really don't care about "star power" or "dream fights" for this discussion.

The division has merits or it doesn't. Almost every combat sport has more weight classes than the UFC. Sports with no grappling do.

The idea Peter X has to compete at 205 his entire career in the UFC, against weight cutting heavyweights, because the "sport wasn't popular enough", even though in hindsight would have been a GOAT contender at 190 is garbage to me.

We're treating our sport like a gimmicky b-sport. We have to pretend it's not.

Nah. Roster is 2 large now. Eliminating the tweener guys is a natural way to reduce the roster.
You wanna eliminate fighters like RDA, Kevin Lee, Pettis, Nate and Askren instead of giving them a weight class to perform at their best?

I'm fine with 170 and 155 staying the same, there is so much history in those divisions. The answer is abviously 175-165 if they are gonna make the change though.

Back