Alexey Oleynik vs. Walt Harris

davidlemonparty

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Surprising to see not much chatter on this one. It's the co-main tomorrow, and whilst Walt Harris is a bit of a no-body in a mostly shit division, Alexey Oleynik is an MMA legend and always brings it.

He strides forward like a Grizzly Bear and it seems like he stopped taking striking class after he learnt the wild overhand and the rudiments of hooks... but damn his sub game is scary. Also has a chin of Russian Iron.

Turns out he is the betting underdog by quite a way against Harris! We all saw how Harris went against Werdum just recently, any reason to think Alexy won't give him the exact same treatment?

Alexy is 2.50 to 1, Harris is around 1.60.

I'm going throw some coin on the Boa constrictor!! A sure fire thing i reckon!

Remember Albini -

OrganicAmpleAttwatersprairiechicken-size_restricted.gif

Harris is a PED cheat, but he paid his debt and will probably continue to reap the benefits of his PED abuse. I expect him to be a contender in what is currently a shallow HW division.

Harris is a deeply flawed fighter but is crazy fast with decent footwork and hits very hard. Also has a reach to match Oleinik which is where the Boa Constrictor usually surprises guys with his monkey arms. I put a decent bet on Harris to KO him early.

Harris is a PEad cheat, but he paid his debt and will probably continue to reap the benefits of his PED abuse. I expect him to be a contender in what is currently a shallow HW division.
You reckon he has the chops to KO Alexy standing? Can't see him getting it done on the floor. Maybe points, if he just wales on Alexy for fifteen minutes

It's a coin flip really. Harris could blitz Oleynik early and starch him, or he could end up the same way he did against Werdumerang. It's heavyweight, not worth the gamble.

It's a coin flip really. Harris could blitz Oleynik early and starch him, or he could end up the same way he did against Werdumerang. It's heavyweight, not worth the gamble.

Alexei is gonna have to get an unconventional td or standing sub lol

You reckon he has the chops to KO Alexy standing? Can't see him getting it done on the floor. Maybe points, if he just wales on Alexy for fifteen minutes

Walt easily keeps this standing. His striking isn’t advanced, but he’s more effective than Oleynik at range. He’s bigger, younger, and more “athletic”. I do believe that the “The Big Ticket” batters Alexy on the feet and catches him shooting in for desperation takedowns/ clinches. Walt looked really good in his last outing.

But, I love submission artists and wouldn’t be mad if the boa constrictor finds a way to get the tap in a scramble after landing a haymaker.

I hope Oli gets another sub.

Alexei is gonna have to get an unconventional td or standing sub lol

I just checked the current betting odds, and nothing interests me at all. Total pass, but it should be an entertaining fight for however long it lasts.

Alexey is a MMA legend?

<JagsKiddingMe>

Anyway...
Walt is pretty terrible on the ground
Alexey probably grabs a hold of him at some point and has his way from there

This is a hard fight to pick. If Walt fights smart and avoids the clinch at all costs, he should win. But you can't trust him to fight smart. And once it goes to the ground it's a wrap. Even if he's on top.

Oleynik's trick is that he that rushes forward with surprising power, which makes his opponent want to clinch with him to stop the forward pressure. Oleynik can then drop both himself and his opponent to the ground and work his sub game.

It's a simple game but really clever and easy to get fooled by. If Oleynik has his usual aggression then he should win tomorrow unless Harris has Reem's knees. If he gives Harris room, then he's gonna die.

Alexei’s chin is solid, all it takes is one takedown and this is a wrap. My $ is on the boa constrictor getting this fight to the mat once before Walt destroys his marble chin.

Oleynik's trick is that he that rushes forward with surprising power, which makes his opponent want to clinch with him to stop the forward pressure. Oleynik can then drop both himself and his opponent to the ground and work his sub game.

It's a simple game but really clever and easy to get fooled by. If Oleynik has his usual aggression then he should win tomorrow unless Harris has Reem's knees. If he gives Harris room, then he's gonna die.

Damnit, that degenerate gambling urge is starting to creep its way into my head now.

MMA legend? We all like the guy lets not get carried away

I think Walt will just be too fast for AO. Starches AO early.

Alexei’s chin is solid, all it takes is one takedown and this is a wrap. My $ is on the boa constrictor getting this fight to the mat once before Walt destroys his marble chin.
Hardly marble, he has more losses by ko/tko than by sub or decision.

Alexi beats these kind of opponents. Walt wont stifle shit, much too inexperienced to stop Oleynik. Anyone see Mark Hunt cannon punch him in his dome piece at the start of their fight? Remember Alexi didnt give a fuck??

Theres a bunch of guys he can still beat. He beats Rothwell and Cain. Oleynik vs Velasquez lmao they should make this.

Back