Fighters you're not the biggest fan of BUT you can give them absolute credit for?

GSP Rush

Black Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
For me, I think this has to be Henry Cejudo. I'm not the biggest fan of Henry at all, I mean sometimes I'll like his interviews and other times it's all a bit cringe (which he embraces so kudos to him for this which is another credit to him). He's not a fighter I root for BUT it's fair to say he's a great fighter to watch and is probably one of the most well rounded fighters on the UFC roster right now.

The way he switched up the game plan with Marlon is very impressive and something that should be given more credit for. I know a lot of fighters go in with injuries however he also twisted his ankle pretty badly on the mats during training a day or so before and said nothing about this until after the fight or did he show this.

I'm no fan of Cejudo but I think it's fair to say he deserves all the credit he gets for the things he's achieved and what he's done in the octagon, there's not many fighters you can say have done what he's done and the way he's switched up and adapted his fights.

I'm kind of expecting maybe Jones will get mentioned quite a bit however I thought this could be quite interesting.

Frankie Edgar - Not a fan, but he really is one of the best to ever compete.

I believe Conor is actually a brown belt in bjj after watching the Khabib right. He forced Khabib to readjust his position multiple times.

Kamaru Usman. He made me accept his quality with that Woodley fight.

Also Zabit. I really believed Stephens would ko him, I accept he’s a top featherweight.

I'm not a fan of Conor at all and I like to try to get a reaction out his loyal fans but in all reality he's a great fighter who has fought some of the best ever and had a very good amount of success against them. He also always shows up ready to fight and generally is quite humble in defeat.

Izzy. I'm still not completely sold on him, considering how Kelvin lit him up despite having a huge reach disadvantage, BUT... Izzy impressed me by how he came out strong in the 5th. He's one tough dude.

"Fighters you don't like but kind of like"

I give credit to Elias theodorou for lasting in the UFC as long as he did

Dominic Cruz

not a big fan of him or his style but his record is undeniably good

Credit for gsp getting away with cheating all these years

Jon Mothakillin Jones!

I've rooted against him ever since his Gusmao fight. Actually since just before that when Sherdog was flooded with threads abt this mysterious fighter who's only been figjting for 8 months or 6 months, whatever it was. I have never voted for Jon Jones in a fight.

The damn dude is one of the best ever. Probably the best ever, but his fights are so boring for the most part

Clay Guida for beating some elite level talent that completely overmatch him on paper.

Conor for sure. The guy can fucking fight, regardless of how hard his uber-fans work to make the rest of us hate him (because if that's not what they're actually trying to do, they might as well be).

Colby probably.

In the olden days, Tim Sylvia.

Dan Lazuon and Matt Brown totally won me over with hard work and consistent improvement.

I'm not a fan of Conor at all and I like to try to get a reaction out his loyal fans but in all reality he's a great fighter who has fought some of the best ever and had a very good amount of success against them. He also always shows up ready to fight and generally is quite humble in defeat.

To be fair, that is a good point, whatever you think of Conor he is pretty gracious in defeat so definitely.

"Fighters you don't like but kind of like"

More so "Fighters you're not a fan of but can give credit to" kinda thing.

A lot of people if they don't like a fighter just can't give them credit, I can always give credit to fighters for things if they deserve it as I can look at things from a neutral perspective. It's the same with fighters I do like I don't just praise everything they do because they're my favourite if you get what I mean.

The same goes to people in general, credit due where it's due.

Fujita for rocking the GOAT.

As for Jones, Silva, or MM, I'll never give them credit since they are either A) on juice or B) in questionable fights which might be rigged.

Conor for sure. The guy can fucking fight, regardless of how hard his uber-fans work to make the rest of us hate him (because if that's not what they're actually trying to do, they might as well be).

Colby probably.

In the olden days, Tim Sylvia.

Dan Lazuon and Matt Brown totally won me over with hard work and consistent improvement.
You mean joe?

Back