Hype trains you expect to crash soon?

sdpdude9

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Who has a lot of hype behind them right now that you expect will end soon?

For me...

Sean O’Malley: UFC is big time trying to push this kid but I just don’t see it. I don’t think he has the skills to be elite and haven’t been very impressed by anything I’ve seen. His string of drug test failings also are already putting a damper on him.

Johnny Walker: Dude is explosive and flashy but I just don’t see his style working against the very top of the division.

Zabit Magomedsharipov: He’s got skills but I feel like he has some cardio issues that are going to bite him in the ass as he climbs the ladder and potentially starts taking 5 round main event fights.

Hype train crash - anyone who loses once
Hype train starts - anyone who wins once

I really hope Zabit isn't just hype. He's one of my favorite fighters to watch right now

I really hope Zabit isn't just hype. He's one of my favorite fighters to watch right now

He is fun to watch, good stand up and grappling. I just worry about his cardio, he’s slowed down a few times in the third round against Stephens and Bochniak.

Izzy probably. I think Zabit is the real deal tho.

So is a hype train just anybody that has a bunch of hype behind them regardless of whether they are the champ or not? I wouldn't say DC or Whittaker are hype trains because they are the champion and are also not seen as unbeatable. With that said what about champions that people overrate and think are unbeatable? People like Rousey, Pettis and Cain for example, could they have been labelled hype trains or not?

So is a hype train just anybody that has a bunch of hype behind them regardless of whether they are the champ or not? I wouldn't say DC or Whittaker are hype trains because they are the champion and are also not seen as unbeatable. With that said what about champions that people overrate and think are unbeatable? People like Rousey, Pettis and Cain for example, could they have been labelled hype trains or not?

I’d say a hype train is a fighter getting a lot of attention being labelled as a possible future champion when they are mostly unproven at the moment. To me, I wouldn’t call a champion or proven fighter a hype train.

Ortega, despite being derailed by Max, is still seen as a hype train. UFC still throwing him on modelo commercials.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThroughTheDakr
Back