Cris Cyborg vs Yana Kunitskaya - FREE FIGHT

Geniusss

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I think Cyborg vs Spencer maybe will go the same way.

I would love to see Cyborg using her ground game. I guess she's good there too, she is 2x BJJ world champion!

I understand that she never had to use her ground game because she always defeated her oponents with her striking, but now that she lost on her feet maybe she will able to use more her BJJ?

I would love to see Cyborg using her ground game. I guess she's good there too, she is 2x BJJ world champion!

I understand that she never had to use her ground game because she always defeated her oponents with her striking, but now that she lost on her feet maybe she will able to use more her BJJ?

To use BJJ effectively you have to get the opponent to the ground and Cyborg has rarely if ever shown glimpse of wrestling in her style, so I expect to see the same Cyborg as always and for her BJJ skills to still just be something she keeps in her back pocket.

Isn't this the fight where Yana got a lazy takedown on Cyborg?

To use BJJ effectively you have to get the opponent to the ground and Cyborg has rarely if ever shown glimpse of wrestling in her style, so I expect to see the same Cyborg as always and for her BJJ skills to still just be something she keeps in her back pocket.

giphy.gif

The sooner Cyborg leaves the UFC the better.

Only thing I remember about this fight is Chael going off about how Yana got Cyborg down so easily with such a shitty takedown.

I'm pretty sure the Spencer fight is off. And Cyborg will rematch Nunes pretty shortly, no?

Yana got dropped by an overhand right and fell into Cyborg's ankle which tripped her into a takedown. Got decent position but then she panicked when Cyborg got back to her feet and broke from the clinch. Almost Dandois-level flailing before the end. <45>

I never heard of this Yana chick before but I was surprised that she was able to handle Cyborg for the first part of the fight. Then Cyborg's size and strength was just too much to overcome and she got blasted by a punch.
I've never been overly impressed with Cyborg's skill. She gets by on aggression, strength, lowish quality opponents, and intimidation.

I think Holly could wrestlefuck her in a rematch.

Cyborg isn't Megan Anderson. I know lots of people couldn't wait for Cyborg to lose so they could constantly shit on her, but she's not losing to Holly freaking Holm.

Cyborg isn't Megan Anderson. I know lots of people couldn't wait for Cyborg to lose so they could constantly shit on her, but she's not losing to Holly freaking Holm.

If Yana freaking Kunitskaya can take Cyborg down, pretty sure Holly can. She is much stronger and already showed she can control Cyborg pretty easily in the clinch. She just didn't know what to do with it. I don't think she ever shot a single takedown before the Anderson fight.

If Yana freaking Kunitskaya can take Cyborg down, pretty sure Holly can.

I don't think so, but we might see a rematch if Cyborg somehow loses to Spencer. Not sure what else could be left for both in that situation.

Yep, I forgot that losing to Nunes (one of the best female fighters there is) makes you a can crusher.
80% of Cyborg's opponents are Flyweights and Bantamweights, and an even greater percentage of her opponents are actual cans, so not only does she crush cans, she crushes undersized cans.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back