Urijah Faber Accused of Line Jumping for Fifth Titleshot

Is Faber trying to jump the line?

• Total voters

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Aljamain Sterling Puts Faber in His Place (at the Back of the Line)

#2 Sterling (115K) Blocks #14 Faber (1M)

“I didn’t think he’d be that irrational to think that after coming out of retirement after such a long layoff and losing to a guy [Jimmie Rivera] that two guys ahead of him beat.

“I just didn’t think that made a ton of sense. I understand he’s a legend and all that, he just has a huge following and what not, but let’s be real here. The guy’s had four title shots, and right now I don’t think he’s deserving of a fifth.”

“If it was a GSP and coming off of a big win, coming off of retiring from the belt like GSP has done in the past, and coming back and just wanting to fight for the belt immediately, it makes sense.

“But Urijah’s not that guy. So, it does not make any sense whatsoever. I think he’s a huge draw in Sacramento, I don’t know if everyone is… the thing about MMA fans is [they ask]: 'What have you done for me lately?'

“So, for him to be away for so long, come back with such a big win – don’t get me wrong, it was a great performance on his part in terms of the finish – I just think there’s a hierarchy now.

“He left the queue, and now he re-entered the queue. So, if he wants to come back and challenge for a world title, more power to him, but he’s gonna have to do it on my terms and wait for the sh1t.”

“At the end of the day, I’m not really worried,” Sterling said. “I’ve got all the confidence in the world that things are gonna go accordingly and according to plan, and I’ll be getting that long-awaited title shot.”

-MMAFighting.com

Last edited:
Why wouldn't he? People are mistaken if they think this isn't an entertainment industry.

Oh he was blatantly doing it, but more power to him if he gets one. I don't blame him at all. If management is willing to keep catering to him that's on them.

Did he ask for a title shot? If so, yeah he's trying to jump the line. I'm not offended by it, though.

It's a lot of stress when you have a million followers but don't yet have a belt after four titleshots. So you fight for another titleshot. So it's difficult not to look entitled to a titleshot.

Aljamain Sterling Puts Faber in His Place (at the Back of the Line)

“I didn’t think he’d be that irrational to think that after coming out of retirement after such a long layoff and losing to a guy [Jimmie Rivera] that two guys ahead of him beat.

“I just didn’t think that made a ton of sense. I understand he’s a legend and all that, he just has a huge following and what not, but let’s be real here. The guy’s had four title shots, and right now I don’t think he’s deserving of a fifth.”

“If it was a GSP and coming off of a big win, coming off of retiring from the belt like GSP has done in the past, and coming back and just wanting to fight for the belt immediately, it makes sense.

“But Urijah’s not that guy. So, it does not make any sense whatsoever. I think he’s a huge draw in Sacramento, I don’t know if everyone is… the thing about MMA fans is [they ask]: 'What have you done for me lately?'

“So, for him to be away for so long, come back with such a big win – don’t get me wrong, it was a great performance on his part in terms of the finish – I just think there’s a hierarchy now.

“He left the queue, and now he re-entered the queue. So, if he wants to come back and challenge for a world title, more power to him, but he’s gonna have to do it on my terms and wait for the sh1t.”

“At the end of the day, I’m not really worried,” Sterling said. “I’ve got all the confidence in the world that things are gonna go accordingly and according to plan, and I’ll be getting that long-awaited title shot.”

-MMAFighting.com
Its a business Faber was the OG he put the little guys on the map, UFC is going to give him a last hurrah title shot out of gratitude for all the years he put in for the sport. Its not like he is going to win anyway.

Oh he was blatantly doing it, but more power to him if he gets one. I don't blame him at all. If management is willing to keep catering to him that's on them.
I don't know if catering is the right word. The man can fight and he just obliterated a young stud he was supposed to lose to. His loses to Cruz... eh.... Hard to fight a guy who runs that much.

never going to happen in the UFC as they would only give it to the next guy in line :) That said I love Faber and would kill to see him win the belt however unlikely that is.

He certainly is trying to jump the line. The current climate of fighting seems to long for characters and story lines as opposed to matchmaking by the rankings, so there's a good possibility he may get it or be put in the position to fight for title contention.

Faber vs Cejudo isn't a competitive fight, nor an entertaining one
Cejudo didn't look so great in his last fight. Sure Marlon is very good but the same was said of Simon coming into the Faber fight.

Expect Faber to get KO'd in his next fight.

<{1-15}>

Cejudo didn't look so great in his last fight. Sure Marlon is very good but the same was said of Simon coming into the Faber fight.
Simon is nowhere near as good as Moraes

Like. Nowhere. Near.

Marlon would honestly KO that boy stiff with one arm tied around his back

This is MMA, it's a business. If he is going to generate more money, he will jump the line. That's the way it works whether people want to admit it or not.

How’s he jumping the line when the champ called him out? He merely replied, as anyone else would

I dont need aljamain or anyone else to make a case why this is utterly ridiculous. Of course he doesnt deserve it from a sports standpoint.

Will it happen though? Its sure is getting traction. And most people seem like they wouldnt mind. I wouldnt either. It is fun to contemplate. Urijah clock is ticking and the other guys will be around for a lot longer. So just do it already and lets get it out of the way. He didnt even look good really. Got rocked and also literally offered his legs to get chopped off without any contest.

Cejudo should blast through him.

Simon is nowhere near as good as Moraes

Like. Nowhere. Near.

Marlon would honestly KO that boy stiff with one arm tied around his back
Easy to say now. Let me guess, you picked Simon in easy win over Faber.

They'll give it to him too. He's the Edgar of bantamweight (in terms of constant gifted title shots.

Back