If Rockhold and Maia go to the ground in an MMA fight, what happens?

Luchador

Custom Title
Banned
Reaction score
Luke would probably start on top since he is the better wrestler

So yeah what happens?

I think it would be pretty evenly matched, Maia probably gets closer to a submission though

So yeah what happens?

I think it would be pretty evenly matched, Maia probably gets closer to a submission though

Maia would hit him with a half guard sweep if Rockhold gets on top.

If Rockhold is on the ground he is probably KOd these days.

So yeah what happens?

Some Rasslin'? I'm not sure what the question is here...

rockhold elbows him to death just like he did to the chris and machida

Rockhold would turn his face in dog food. Or Maia would knock him out from the bottom. Coin toss.

Rockhold would turn his face in dog food. Or Maia would knock him out from the bottom. Coin toss.
You know what....

8sw9ILq.gif

You could be on to something

Dry humping like the bjj and rasslin scrubs usually do

Rockhold prob has the best top game in the ufc. We just forgot about it because he thinks striking is what he should do and hasnt made it to the ground in 3 fights.

Rockhold by viscous gnp.

Imagine rockhold getting full penetration on maia

rockhold elbows him to death just like he did to the chris and machida

Yeah because Maia’s guard game = Weidman or Machida Tier lol

You think Rockhold could survive in Maia’s guard without getting swept or submitted?

<DisgustingHHH>

As much as I hate to say it, I think Rockhold takes due to physicality. Would like to see Maia get the KO from gogoplata.

You think Rockhold could survive in Maia’s guard without getting swept or submitted?

<DisgustingHHH>
From what I've seen, Maia seems to have better top control than guard game. I haven't watched any of his BJJ matches, but based on the Shields fight controlling Maia is definitely possible.

<DisgustingHHH>

we're talking about an MMA fight going to the ground not a BJJ grappling match
yes, rockhold smashes him easy

From what I've seen, Maia seems to have better top control than guard game. I haven't watched any of his BJJ matches, but based on the Shields fight controlling Maia is definitely possible.

Maia is one of the ONLY dudes in MMA who can mess you up from the bottom. Even if he doesn’t get a sub he’ll most likely get a sweep in the transition. Did it to Gunnar, Shields, Masvidal, and countless others.

Also Shields Maia was back and forth. He couldn’t expose himself with GnP in fear of overextending and losing position. They both got too control numerous times using sweeps.

Rockhold prob has the best top game in the ufc. We just forgot about it because he thinks striking is what he should do and hasnt made it to the ground in 3 fights.

Rockhold by viscous gnp.

He was going for takedowns in his last fight but couldn't score any.

Rockhold finishes Maia if he’s on top of him imo. His top game is great for mma.

Back