Do you think a hw will come out of nowhere and hold the belt in 2020?

bjpenngoat

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I love stipe but if he beats DC, idk how much he has left in his tank. I love DC and idk how much longer he's going to fight. Aside from ngannou do you think that someone relatively unknown could.go.on a 2 or 3 fight win streak and by December 2020 we have an unlikely hw champ? The division just seems wide open.

Jonny Walker after he beats Jones to take the LHW belt, will step up and take the HW belt. Champ Champ

Cejudo, as he tries to get to second base with his lady friend.

A more focused Francis might win the belt or that guy who's got sick muay Thai (black dude can't remember his name)

Will someone new or unexpected go on a hot streak and get the belt in the next 1.5 years?

That's a coin toss and no one's opinion is useful unless they have insider knowledge of an up and comer.

Rozenstruik is someone who comes in mind.

Maybe hardy, we will have to see.

I love stipe but if he beats DC, idk how much he has left in his tank. I love DC and idk how much longer he's going to fight. Aside from ngannou do you think that someone relatively unknown could.go.on a 2 or 3 fight win streak and by December 2020 we have an unlikely hw champ? The division just seems wide open.
Ngannou sleeps stipe in a hematch. Will bet on this happening.

Aside from ngannou do you think that someone relatively unknown could.go.on a 2 or 3 fight win streak and by December 2020 we have an unlikely hw champ?

Just as HW is getting worse, LHW is progressively getting better, therefore I think if anyone is going to be fitting that description, it's likely going to be someone who moved up from 205.

Maybe hardy, we will have to see.

"We will have to see" is pretty much ALL one can say about Hardy at this point of his career.

Me.

(but in all seriousness, I reckon Stipe has it under lockdown for the next year at least. could be wrong though.)

By end of 2020? Very unlikely
End of 2021? Much more possible, but I'd still bet against, if I had to

(I'm talking about "coming out of nowhere". If you're talking just "not Stipe or Ngannou", then that's different.)

What happened to Bilyal Makhov? He was hyped as the next dominant heavyweight. USADA stop him before he even got started?

Just as HW is getting worse, LHW is progressively getting better, therefore I think if anyone is going to be fitting that description, it's likely going to be someone who moved up from 205.

"We will have to see" is pretty much ALL one can say about Hardy at this point of his career.

Yeah, time will tell.

Ngannou sleeps stipe in a hematch. Will bet on this happening.
Hm, bold

He was outclassed pretty badly in that first match everywhere the fight went and hasn’t really changed

But I’d like to see the rematch

I agree with TS' point that the division is wide open beyond an allegedly retiring DC, Stipe, and Francis...but given the scheduling logistics required for someone to beat a couple of contenders and then get a title shot, I think it would be rather unlikely for someone to 'come out of nowhere' to win the title in 2020, but the opportunity is definitely there for someone to step up and insert themselves into the title picture fairly quickly.

Back