Kevin Lee: "Askren is easiest fight in division, but I could never outdo Masvidal's MGM buffet"

OzoneX

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Hespect to Lee for spittin some truth. Also interesting that Funky has been twisting old gym stories about Lee too. That's what Masvidal accused him of.

“Ben is probably the easiest out of anybody,” Lee said. “He’s just too hittable and too one-dimensional. He had that little back and forth with me at the press conference talking about he took me down when I was 19 years old as if that meant something to anybody. He didn’t talk about the right hand I kept hitting him with right before that but that’s water under the bridge.”

“He’s a big draw but he took a big hit with that one and he didn’t show that he can compete with a lot of the top guys, when you talk about five seconds,” Lee explained. “Five seconds! I’m gonna keep it real with you, there’s gotta be something in it for me. There’s no way that I can outdo a flying knee five-second KO. Every time I go into a fight, I want to do better than the guy who did last so I don’t know. There’s not a whole lot there for me.”

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/kevin-lee/kevin-lee-ben-askren-is-easiest-fight-out-of-anybody/

giphy.gif

If it goes past the 1st round Lee is fucked.

I'm actually expecting TriStar Lee to make a significantly positive jump in his performances.

Askren has a lot to prove for sure, but at least he has a win in the division (technically). Fighter Kevin Lee should wait till he has one before talking too much.

I don't think very highly of Kevin Lee as a fighter but he would probably beat Askren

Lee's wrestling is good enough to keep the fight on the feet, where he's significantly better than Ben

I very much doubt Lee beats Askren. His cardio sucks and he wouldn't be able to keep Askren off him.

I don't think very highly of Kevin Lee as a fighter but he would probably beat Askren

Lee's wrestling is good enough to keep the fight on the feet, where he's significantly better than Ben

Based on what? Who has Lee fought that has wrestling remotely as good as Askren's? Lawler's TDD/defensive wrestling is much better and he got taken down after nearly finishing him.

I'm actually expecting TriStar Lee to make a significantly positive jump in his performances.
holy shit im a big fan of kevin but i didnt know he was at tristar now. thats gonna be a great move for him.

@NoBiasJustMMA

Lawler's TDD hasn't been good in ages lol, stop living in the past.

Lawler got taken down by Cerrone and RDA easily, Lee is clearly the better wrestler at this stage of his career.

@NoBiasJustMMA

Lawler's TDD hasn't been good in ages lol, stop living in the past.

Lawler got taken down by Cerrone and RDA easily, Lee is clearly the better wrestler at this stage of his career.

Cerrone has very underrated takedowns and RDA didn't get a takedown till Lawler's ACL blew out. You should actually watch the fights.

Lee hasn't fought any wrestlers really other than Tony and he's more of a kickboxer/bjj guy in MMA. Lawler has fought way more wrestlers/grapplers than Lee has and his TDD/defensive grappling is far more proven.

Lol, Askren is a horrible match up for Lee. Lee gasses hard against a grinder with endless cardio like Askren.

People now are thinking that landing the Masvidal knee is easy.

Kevin Lee is one of those wrestlers who you assume has great takedown defence because they have good takedowns and top control but who actually gets taken down fairly often

This fight makes sense though tbh, both guys got embarrassed in their last fights (one more than the other) and it gives one of them a chance to rebound

Back