Do you think GSP would’ve fought Whittaker if he never got sick?

TheSpider

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Or do you think GSP would have found another way to get out of his contractually obligated title unification fight vs Bobby Knuckles?

Gsp was never sick he’s scared of Whittaker

Or do you think GSP would have found another way to get out of his contractually obligated title unification fight vs Bobby Knuckles?
GSP bashing thread, haven't seen this on Sherdog before.

He would have found a way to duck the fight anyway.

he would still run away from the division

GSP has never intended to go on a MW run. He simply filled the void of never fighting in a higher weight class.

"it's in the contract that i have to defend the belt if i win" - GSP

he was never fighting whitakter or romero, he bitched it we all know it, convenient he had colitis. But the GSP shills will always defend him shame. GSP middleweight title win is the equivalent of Roy Jones Jr heavyweight title win. They were shams except GSP fans have too much of GSP's cock in his mouth to accept the truth and most boxing fans discredit jones jr win over ruiz

I’m a fan of GSP but I don’t think he ever intended on defending the title. It was a one off fight.

"it's in the contract that i have to defend the belt if i win" - GSP

he was never fighting whitakter or romero, he bitched it we all know it, convenient he had colitis. But the GSP shills will always defend him shame. GSP middleweight title win is the equivalent of Roy Jones Jr heavyweight title win. They were shams except GSP fans have too much of GSP's cock in his mouth to accept the truth and most boxing fans discredit jones jr win over ruiz

You had a good post until this.

"They were shams except GSP fans have too much of GSP's cock in his mouth to accept the truth."

F U.

Lol read the forum here before the Bisping fight. Everybody called it that he wanted nothing to do with Yoel or Whittaker

GSP cucked Dana and walked with two of his belts

GSP bless

The fact that Whittaker wasn't stripped of his interim belt when Bisping and GSP fought showed that the UFC never actually expected GSP to defend. Interim belts are supposed to be automatically voided when the undisputed belt is on the line.

At the time AT THE TIME, GSP wanted no part ofWhitaker, Romero, Mousasi, Souza, Rockhold or Weidman.
He blatantly went back on his word to Dana and immediately vacated. He had no intention of fighting Whitaker or any other killer at 185. Dana every right to act towards gsp the way he is. I'm sure Bisping isnt appreciating the way this whole thing is being discussed ( his own boss basically calling his " champion" weak sauce ).
Luke Rockholds chin had caused so much damage to 185 division and during that particular time - a fucking shame.

Lol- Gsp would welcome a fight with Luke today. I'm proud of myself to this day for not paying wme a red cent for that ppv( bisping gsp).

The fact that Whittaker wasn't stripped of his interim belt when Bisping and GSP fought showed that the UFC never actually expected GSP to defend. Interim belts are supposed to be automatically voided when the undisputed belt is on the line.
The whole thing was fucked ever since Bisbung ducked Robert(for the second time) with a sore toe and ended up getting a TS with Rockfold…

As one of the biggest GSP fans on this site I will say first his challenges with the weight gain and the illness were legit.

Second, I doubt he would have defended that MW title regardless as the LW belt had so much more value in terms of legacy and risk, reward for him.

GSP is a smart fighter who does manage his career (much respect for that in an age when the UFC and Dana will take full advantage of you if you don't), , and every smart fighter, including Anderson Silva when outside their divisional run and only looking at legacy fights is going to pick and choose the highest value opponents with the least risk as they SHOULD.

GSP would have got almost nothing out of a Whitaker win had they fought next and he got it. His haters would say 'Whitaker was not a real MW. GSP now needs to fight one of the bigger top MW's'. But with a win at LW and gaining that championship he would be the first 3 division UFC Champ. A massive feat for his legacy versus a title defense at MW against a guy who was just a blown up WW (as they would say).

I don't believe he was sick. So that was his way of getting out of it imo. I've called in sick to work many times. Rarely have I actually been sick.

I’m a fan of GSP but I don’t think he ever intended on defending the title. It was a one off fight.

And while prime 2009 GSP may have a decent shot vs. Whittaker, the older, post-ACL injury version didn't match up well with most MWs outside of Bisping. His wrestling and explosiveness isn't the same. He sensed a good style match up vs. Bisping and took it. No shame in that...he has nothing else to prove at this point. He defended his WW belt like 9 times. Let him pick his fights, though the Bisping fiasco never would've happened if Bisping faced a Top 5 MW instead of Hendo in his first defense. I blame that on UFC matchmaking and protecting Bisping...GSP just made a joke out of it and hopefully taught them a lesson.

Back