Media The MTP is back (Submission Radio interview) with cliffs

Pious Augustus

Born With Thick Skin
Pink
Reaction score

- the time he spent away from social media helped him to grow as a person
-some times he questions his choice of profession after some tough fights (win or lose)
-He always knew that he has to change his camp
-He's officially joined Coach Firas Zahabi at Tristar gym
-Him & GSP are buddies now
-His response to Chiesa asking for a rematch "He can get it I won't turn down free money"
-"Chiesa won't last more than 2 rounds, but I'm chasing Kamaru so whatever fight is gonna put me there is what I'm gonna take."
-"Ben Askren didn't show that he can compete with the top guys"
-"There's no point for me taking on Ben since I can't outdo the 5 sec KO"
-"Ben Askren is the easiest fight for me he's too hittable too one-dimensional "
-"Kamaru would be the biggest challenge at 170lb
-He predicted that RDA is gonna beat Edwards
-"Even though Khabib is the safest bet, Dustin has proven me wrong many times and he has a solid chance at beating Khabib especially with his movement "
-"I would love to be the one who takes Khabib's "0" and O would be disappointed if someone else beat Khabib before I do"
-"I wanna return in October"

Last edited:
@Tap machine When is he going to get a new head coach????Craziest take from his JRE spot was he doesn't have a head coach just pieces stuff together himself. Let him fight Chiesa at a catchweight no one likes Chiesa.

- the time he spent away from social media helped him to grow as a person
-some times he questions his choice of profession after some tough fights (win or lose)
-He always knew that he has to change his camp
-He's officially joined Coach Firas Zahabi at Tristar gym
-Him & GSP are buddies now
-His response to Chiesa asking for a rematch "He can get it I won't turn down free money"
-"Chiesa won't last more than 2 rounds, but I'm chasing Kamaru so whatever fight is gonna put me there is what I'm gonna take."
-"Ben Askren didn't show that he can compete with the top guys"
-"There's no point for me taking on Ben since I can't outdo the 5 sec KO"
-"Ben Askren is the easiest fight for me he's too hittable too one-dimensional "
-"Kamaru would be the biggest challenge at 170lb
-He predicted that RDA is gonna beat Edwards
-"Even though Khabib is the safest bet, Dustin has proven me wrong many times and he has a solid chance at beating Khabib especially with his movement "
-"I would love to be the one who takes Khabib's "0" and O would be disappointed if someone else beat Khabib before I do"
-"I wanna return in October"

Can't watch the video, but he is talking about fights at WW and LW (Khabib, chiesa, askren).
Is he thinking of going back to LW, or is he staying WW?

Rob is a trip. He says why do people call me a nice guy then goes on a nice guy rant. I know why Dana says he doesn't do media. You can't get a soundbyte to sell from this guy he doesn't speak out of turn at all. Gotta respect it considering he is a killer in on fight night and he has a high finish rate in MMA.

ahhh some good ol' MTP delusion!
missed it!
gets tired at 55' and '70.
he'll never be champ, not even Firas can give him heart and cardio.

Rob is a trip. He says why do people call me a nice guy then goes on a nice guy rant. I know why Dana says he doesn't do media. You can't get a soundbyte to sell from this guy he doesn't speak out of turn at all. Gotta respect it considering he is a killer in on fight night and he has a high finish rate in MMA.
I think he was more referring to we are going to go fight so whats the point and in this day and age it seems hard for people not to be a dickhead. That doesn't make him a nice guy just because he isn't a douche. But he actually is a classy dude and outside the UFC does lots of work with Aboriginals.

I think he was more referring to we are going to go fight so whats the point and in this day and age it seems hard for people not to be a dickhead. That doesn't make him a nice guy just because he isn't a douche. But he actually is a classy dude and outside the UFC does lots of work with Aboriginals.

Yeah he is a family man. I'm sure he could talk plenty of trash if he wanted to. But he is doing good in life and has stepped away from adolescence. He's got kids and he is cognizant enough that anyway he acts or behaves will be seen by his children one day.

Everything you said is right. I might just end up rooting for Rob because I get the feeling Dana wants to see Israel as champ because he has the whole millennial attitude down. Israel's skillset is cool and the way he built himself up before going into MMA is something people should take note of; It was smart.

I was impartial about who wins this next fight but now I want to see Whittaker keep the belt. Israel said he has done more in the last year than Rob has done in his career. Rob fought Yoel twice that puts a nozzle on that logic. They could fight in Australia or NZ I wouldn't be surprised if the entire crowd was cheering for Whittaker.

Who's MTP?
Mo Town Phenom, Kevin Lee is from Detroit. In the US they call Detroit "Mo Town". MO Town refers to the funk record label that crossed over into the mainstream in the 1960's or 70's IDK???

Back