Looking back at Goldberg

Elway7

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
So just curious on what everyones thoughts are now that there has been some time since Goldberg got let go as commentator.
I remember at the time being slightly upset and alot of other people being even more upset to the point of anger but was this entirely based upon nostalgia alone?
These last few months the ufc has uploaded alot of free fights and wow the stuff that came out of Goldbergs mouth was so idiotic at times its mindblowing. I think that every other commentator that has been up there since has done a significantly better job. Rewatching Rousey vs Holm was cringy af hearing Rogan say "Ronda's looking tired now mike" after getting outclassed by Holly all round and you hear Goldy coming in with "its tiring being a superstar!" No u idiot its tiring when u are missing every strike u throw while not being able to land a takedown.
Ive heard alot more god awful lines from him lately while watching replays and im just curious on what the sherdog concensus is in 2019.

He's Ok

Overrated. Competent, but overrated.

He's become a parody of himself at Bellator.

I wish I could find highlights of him commentating a Football game.

It's funny I was just thinking about this. I remember being disappointed UFC let him go and I just listened to him call some Bellator fights and I realized how average he is. Anik is much better to me. I'm actually surprised how many people don't like Anik.

I was not a fan of his or Rogan for that matter, Rogan is much more tolerable with another partner on color commentary however.

I may be one of the few, but I really liked Jeff Blatnik and Don Wilson, I felt they broke down the techniques well and gave some first hand experience on what the fighters may be going threw mentally, they came across pretty legit back in the early UFC’s...I felt the commentary team had lost that for many years to come after that

Once in a life time human being

Goldberg was the best, he had a good mixture of charisma and humor. Yeah he was bit cheesy at times, but that's what made him great. He's an original, there will never be another Mike goldberg. I miss that guy in ufc but I'm happy he's in bellator. He always gets me hyped !

I remember constantly calling him out on all the dumb things he said during commentary while watching fights with my friends. At times I was even more focused on correcting him than enjoying the bouts.

Now I look back and I really miss him. He was a doofus, but he was our doofus. His enthusiasm was unmistakable, and “It’s all over!” is such an iconic part of MMA history.

Don’t know what you got til it’s gone I guess.

Him and Anik are virtually identical.

When he was let go I was furious and thought the PPVs would never be the same with out him

These days....I don't miss him

He fit the sport/UFC perfectly, that broadcasting voice, a lil goofy and just damn handsome.

<Goldie11>

At least he's not a damned robot like Anik

This, anything is better then that one tone goof.. that model needs an update, tho it was funny when Nate Diaz put his sticker on the robot lol.

th

He did work as a commentator for Pride FC and EliteXC.

th

Back