Edgar vs Holloway

PlatinumColbyCovington

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Am I supposed to be pumped for this fight?

Max - coming off a decision loss
Frankie: one fight win streak, the win was a decision over a year ago against Swanson

Not to mention the horrible card UFC 240 is as a whole. This card looks like the matchmakers went into the dumpster and started digging for scraps and put together an extremely poor attempt at a PPV

Fight card[edit]
Main card
Weight class
Method Round Time Notes
Featherweight Max Holloway (c) vs. Frankie Edgar [a]
Women's Featherweight Cris Cyborg vs. Felicia Spencer
Welterweight Geoff Neal vs. Niko Price
Lightweight Olivier Aubin-Mercier vs. Arman Tsarukyan
Middleweight Marc-André Barriault vs. Krzysztof Jotko
Preliminary card (ESPN 2)
Women's Flyweight Alexis Davis vs. Viviane Araújo
Featherweight Hakeem Dawodu vs. Yoshinori Horie
Featherweight Gavin Tucker vs. Seung Woo Choi
Flyweight Alexandre Pantoja vs. Deiveson Figueiredo
Early Preliminary card (UFC Fight Pass)
Women's Flyweight Gillian Robertson vs. Sarah Frota
Welterweight Erik Koch vs. Kyle Stewart
Heavyweight Tanner Boser vs. Giacomo Lemos

Wow that is a terrible card

Main event should be interesting by the time it comes around though. It’s make or break for Frankie, and Holloway’s first test against a wrestler.

Neal vs Price should be violent.

Regardless of their recent past I think it will be entertaining as fuck.

Aside from the Edgar fight It's the "no name fighter card 2019"

Frankie got screwed by playing ball and taking the Ortega fight last year on short notice. He shouldn't be penalized for being a gamer and company man. This is Frankies last shot at gold, I'm interested to see how he'll do. I expect him to show up

Frankie got screwed by playing ball and taking the Ortega fight last year on short notice. He shouldn't be penalized for being a gamer and company man. This is Frankies last shot at gold, I'm interested to see how he'll do. I expect him to show up
He better I’m relying on that fight and maybe price Neal to provide the entertainment. Cyborgs likely done with the UFC post this fight unless she really wants another shot at nunes so doubt she’ll be hype worthy.

I'm not that excited for it but more so because of how Edgar looked his last 2 fights than Max. After watching the Poirier fight a cpl times since it happened, it was actually very competitive. Rounds 4 & 5 could have gone either way and a case for draw is there, not under Pride rules of course.

The rest of the card is pretty garbage tho. I think Neal & Araujo are capable of fighting for the title in the next couple years. Cyborg/Spencer is interesting, especially given Cyborg's impending free agency & Spencer being undefeated. Kunitzkaya took down Cyborg pretty easily, if Spencer does I think she could do well from top position.

But overall I think this San Antonio card is better. 241 is right around the corner too, hopefully it stays intact.

In Frankie’s last fight he went 0/8 in takedowns and the fight before that got brutally KTFO’d in the first

Max in gonna maul him

I like Frankie, seems like a good bloke and a company man, so I can see that line of reasoning for giving him the shot, he took the Ortega fight on short notice and so on.

Right now though, I dont see any evidence over the last 2 years to suggest that Edgar is still a top fighter at 145. I want to see thr best against the best, and I don't see present day Frankie as a top 5 fighter at 145. This should be Volks fight, I know he was sick after his last fight but he is back in training and he is good to go now, so thats not an excuse that flys.

Should be some fun fights, but name-wise it is looking quite poor. I want OAM back on the winning streak but I don't think they will happen against young Arman

Stop complaining it's not like you were going to pay for it anyways.

It's a bad card, but I'm pumped for Frankie vs. max

Well, MMA is very much a 'what have you done for me lately' sport. 240 is a shite PPV no doubt but there are some absolutely fire fights there.

Pantoja vs Figueiredo is one of the few decent fights on thid card.
And considering how much Sherdoggers hate FLW and WMMA that says a lot.

I am surprised no one is talking about this..... When has Max ever fought a wrestler as good as frankie? Someone that could take him down and do serious GNP. I think this is a horrible matchup for Max and always has been. Frank has always wanted this fight because he knows it's a good matchup for him. I'm taking frankie+300 all day long.

Sometimes cards that look great on paper end up being snoozefests and the ones that look shit on paper have some banging fights.

I will not be surprised if there are 2-3 very entertaining fights on the main card.

Either way, I’ll be watching as I’m curious as to how Edgar will do. And also, Price hasn’t gone the distance in 8 fights and his opponent, Neal has had one decision since 2014. That will be good.

Lol at shertards. Frankie lost one fight by ko, first time in his career, from a highly touted prospect, from a punch he didnt see coming. Now all of a sudden, hes not a top fw and his days are done. Fuck off and go watch his recent fights, he destroyed both cub swanson and yair with ease, almost ended yairs career but people tend to forget. Im picking frankie to win, exciting fight and frankie got heart for days

I am surprised no one is talking about this..... When has Max ever fought a wrestler as good as frankie? Someone that could take him down and do serious GNP. I think this is a horrible matchup for Max and always has been. Frank has always wanted this fight because he knows it's a good matchup for him. I'm taking frankie+300 all day long.
Does Max have decent TKD when facing a wrestler like Frankie? Max isn't a very strong, brute type of fighter, so I'd say he struggles when facing a straight-line powerful take down, but maybe not so much when he's just trying to escape off the cage and/or hold position to avoid a trip or something. I don't know because I've fallen out of love with MMA recently and been busy moving and whatnot. I can't remember how Max does against a guy like Edgar.

oh wow this is a shit card.

not to mention Frankie doesn't even deserve this TS and he's only getting it because Holloway needs a tune up fight after getting fed dem hands by Poirer.

Lol at shertards. Frankie lost one fight by ko, first time in his career, from a highly touted prospect, from a punch he didnt see coming. Now all of a sudden, hes not a top fw and his days are done. Fuck off and go watch his recent fights, he destroyed both cub swanson and yair with ease, almost ended yairs career but people tend to forget. Im picking frankie to win, exciting fight and frankie got heart for days

Yeah I agree. Frankie has only lost to top fighters and Champions. He was on as decent run too before ortega caught him. I don't understand how he somehow is done even though he's still very much at the top of his division. Hes ranked number 4 FFS.

Back