Most WTF fight finishes in the UFC/Pride

Chad R. Thundercock

The R stands for Arrrrr, Matey!
Yellow Card
Reaction score
What are some finishes that made you think "Wait, what the fuck was that?" and have you in complete disbelief the first time you saw it?

Here are mine:

Rampage vs Ricardo Arona

Rampage%252520Slams%252520Arona_thumb%25255B1%25255D.gif

Watch out, Rampage! Arona's going for a triangle! Get out of there! Get out of...OH SHIT!

"He's going to pick him up and slam him down! I TOLD YOU!" - Mauro Ranallo

Hendo vs Hector Lombard

giphy.gif

This is probably the most ridiculous KO of Henderson's career - even topping the H-bomb that he delivered to Bisping. Look at how it was set up: he lands a head kick, Lombard quickly grabs his leg and appears to be going for a single-leg takedown, but BAM! Hendo says fuck your single-leg takedown and throws a back elbow that connects on Lombard's temple. And then he follows it up with a flying elbow a la Bisping to seal the deal. Jesus Fucking Christ, what a monster.

Tim Boetsch vs David Heath

barbarian.gifv

When I saw this fight live, I couldn't believe what I had just witnessed. Boetsch threw Heath against the fence like an NPC character getting blasted by a rocket launcher and thrown like a rag doll in a video game with a broken PhysX engine. The sheer absurdity of this ghetto judo toss made me question the laws of physics for a minute or two.

Yair Rodriguez vs Korean Zombie

giphy.gif

There's 5 seconds left in the last round and it appears that KZ is ahead on the scorecards. No doubt that he's got this one in the bag. Okay, he wants to engage a little more with Rodriguez to end the fight with a bang, no worries. 5...4...3...2...It's over, and BAM! What the fuck just happened? Wait, what? WHAT?! WHAT. THE. FUCK.

Last edited:
Probably Anderson breaking his leg on Weidman.

Masvidal the other day way pretty surprising aswell.

Probably Anderson breaking his leg on Weidman.

Masvidal the other day way pretty surprising aswell.

Yeah, the Anderson/Weidman one was insane, but was a bit of a letdown because the fight ended prematurely due to a freak injury.

The Masvidal KO was amazing - kind of reminiscent of Gomi's KO on Ralph Gracie back in Pride Bushido, but I didn't put it down because there was no buildup to it, but instead came right out of the gates.

coleman_528_poster1.jpg

The loid lage afterwards was hilalious.

Watching the free-for-all between Hammer House and Chute Boxe made up for the lackluster, uneventful fight. One of the biggest upsets in Pride FC for sure.

Yeah, the Anderson/Weidman one was insane, but was a bit of a letdown because the fight ended prematurely due to a freak injury.

The Masvidal KO was amazing - kind of reminiscent of Gomi's KO on Ralph Gracie back in Pride Bushido, but I didn't put it down because there was no buildup to it, but instead came right out of the gates.
First thing that came to mind after seeing the Masvidal KO was Kid Yamamoto (RIP) landing the flying knee on Miyata in Hero’s 5.

The guy who tapped after Maynard knocked himself out... Get paid to lose much? The UFC quietly, and correctly, had that overturned.

When Carwin was working on the intricacies of details of maneuvers that Mir doesn't even know the names of.

apdzly.gif

It was like watching someone beat a dead body

Back