Loaded mma gloves

Sickbro69420

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Is it plausible or possible that an UFC fighter could fight ornhave loaded gloves? Are there any instances where an Mma fighter was caught doing it?

I'm positive the commission oversees the entire hand wrapping process nowadays.

Anything is possible, but very highly unlikely.

Loaded as in having plaster and the like on your wraps? I wouldn't be surprised if it has been tried.

Is it plausible or possible that an UFC fighter could fight ornhave loaded gloves? Are there any instances where an Mma fighter was caught doing it?

Dew a serch, nube! There was a thread done about this just like 2 years ago or something like that!
<You11>
https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...nown-case-of-plaster-of-paris-in-mma.3551777/

Edit

Akiyama's right glove vs. Saku raised some discussion: https://www24.atwiki.jp/sweatslip/sp/pages/23.html

No, but its possible to have your hands build in the Ford Factory.

Maybe the underground fights in the 80's, but in real life the fighters gloves, wraps and tape are issued by the room supervisor and he also watches the entire hand-wrapping and glove fitting process.

Aren't they wrapped by the cutmen/women these days anyway?

Conor's gloves were loaded in all of his UFC wins.

I don't know if it was ever definitively confirmed but I remember Sokoudjou was suspected of using loaded gloves in a fight in Italy a few years ago. I think it was against Matt Hamill.

As I recall, didn't Jake Shields accuse GSP of some dodgy wraps?

I'm not sure how true it was, even if the actual accusation was made. But I remember it was a standing joke about Shields at the time.

A lot more scrutiny is placed on hand wrapping after Margarito/Cotto/Moseley. That said, anything is possible in Vegas. Margarito got it past Vegas but got caught in California.

Conor's gloves were loaded in all of his UFC wins.

They were loaded in his losses too, but Conor is so weak it still did not go his way.

I thought the athletic commission checks the gloves and signs it after taping them.

A lot more scrutiny is placed on hand wrapping after Margarito/Cotto/Moseley. That said, anything is possible in Vegas. Margarito got it past Vegas but got caught in California.
Cotto's revenge for that was a thing of beauty but fuck did he take a ton of punishment in the first fight because of those wraps.

Trinidad's wraps will forever be suspect too after the shadiness in the Hopkins fight and Vargas accusations prior too it.

Loaded gloves is the ultimate sin, Resto/ Collins being probably the greatest example of how big a difference it can make when you would otherwise be heavily over matched by your opponent as Resto was.

I have more interesting question:
Is it possible to harden your hands so much, that they become unbreakable (in a combat situation)?
Rg0o6.jpg

Cotto's revenge for that was a thing of beauty but fuck did he take a ton of punishment in the first fight because of those wraps.

Trinidad's wraps will forever be suspect too after the shadiness in the Hopkins fight and Vargas accusations prior too it.

Loaded gloves is the ultimate sin, Resto/ Collins being probably the greatest example of how big a difference it can make when you would otherwise be heavily over matched by your opponent as Resto was.

It’s the most scumbag form of cheating in fighting imho.

dom cruz had loaded gloves vs mizugaki.

Back