Poll: Where Should Conor Be Ranked at LW?

Where should Conor be ranked at LW?

• Total voters

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
LIGHTWEIGHT
Champion: Khabib Nurmagomedov
1 Dustin Poirier (Interim Champion)
2 Tony Ferguson
3 Conor McGregor
4 Donald Cerrone
5 Justin Gaethje
6 Al Iaquinta
7 Edson Barboza
8 Kevin Lee
9 Anthony Pettis
10 Paul Felder
11 Charles Oliveira
12 Gregor Gillespie
13 Alexander Hernandez
14 Islam Makhachev
15 James Vick

I was going to vote 6th, but then I realized that he's only won one fight at Lightweight and it was almost 3 years ago. He shouldn't be ranked because he hasn't been fighting.

Last edited:
On paper he's a top 10 LW, in reality he's only beaten Eddie Alvarez, who got a lucky title shot after going 2-1 with 2 split decisions.

I'd say Conor should be unranked at LW until he beats someone

Didn't he "retire"? Get him out of the rankings imo

This sub will hate on Conor until the end of time but I'd at least slightly favour him over everyone except Khabib. He always has a good chance to get the KO on Poirier, Tony, Cowboy due to how hittabke they can bebut I see khabib beating him every time.

He's got a win against Nate and a loss.
Nate is NR. No value.
He's got a win against Eddie.
Eddie has left the UFC and KTFO at ONE. Little-no value.
He's got a loss to Khabib.
Non-competitive loss. No value.

Why is he #3? Is this based entirely on whom he'd probably beat? Instead of, like for everyone else, whom he's beaten.

below everyone anyone he didnt beat how can he be ranked above 12 dudes and hasnt beat none of them lmfao

I think he could beat Cerrone but Gaethje and AL might give him trouble.

On paper it looks real bad cause he basically beat Eddie, who happen to be trying to strike with him until he got clocked hard.

It might be fair to say he's top 10 and leave it at that until he can further prove otherwise.

#1! He beat Aldo in 2015 and Eddie in 2016.

I got no problem believing/saying Conor could beat most of the top 15, but, again, the rankings are supposed to be based on, and are usually based on, wins, not projected wins.

I was going to vote 6th, but then I realized that he's only won one fight at Lightweight and it was almost 3 years ago. He shouldn't be ranked because he hasn't been fighting.
I'd like to change my vote now

I put unranked, but that might be a bit harsh.

If he doesn't fight by the end of the year, he should be removed completely.

LIGHTWEIGHT
2 Tony Ferguson
3 Conor McGregor
4 Donald Cerrone
5 Justin Gaethje
6 Al Iaquinta
7 Edson Barboza
8 Kevin Lee
9 Anthony Pettis
10 Paul Felder
11 Charles Oliveira
12 Gregor Gillespie
13 Alexander Hernandez
14 Islam Makhachev
15 James Vick

He shouldn't be ranked cause he's fought once in three years at the weight class and has made a retirement announcement. Ignoring that and focusing on skill I'd have him number 9 or 10 I guess since I count the champions when I rank fighters. Between Lee and Pettis.

Until he beats someone ranked he doesn’t deserve a ranking. Only thing he’s done at lightweight is beat Eddie who is gone and get just businessed by khabib. Could he beat some top guys? Sure. But so could everybody else, everybody can’t be ranked because of what they could do, you have to actually do it.

LIGHTWEIGHT
2 Tony Ferguson
3 Conor McGregor
4 Donald Cerrone
5 Justin Gaethje
6 Al Iaquinta
7 Edson Barboza
8 Kevin Lee
9 Anthony Pettis
10 Paul Felder
11 Charles Oliveira
12 Gregor Gillespie
13 Alexander Hernandez
14 Islam Makhachev
15 James Vick

conor should be ranked at all due to being inactive.

When any of these guys the title, or even the top 5. What are they going to ask for?

Red panty night.

Not Ranked. You need to fight and win to be in the rankings

Back