No Changes in Ngannou’s Game, Don’t Think He Can Beat Stipe or DC

Gabe

Saturdays are for the Boys
@Silver
Reaction score
People have reboarded the train since he is on a three fight win streak. He has the power to knock out any man on the planet but I have not seen him fix the problems that made him lose to Stipe. He still throws wild haymakers but is able to get away with it because of his power. Feels like the Rumble situation a couple of years ago where he looks unstoppable against everyone but DC.

Stipe has already executed the perfect gameplan when the two fought and DC could easily do the same. Aside from the possibility of Ngannou catching either of them with a haymaker (which is very possible) I don’t think he has changed since the loss to Stipe. I don’t see how he develops a gameplan to win the title.

As long as that man is confident, he will be a problem.

RepentantFoolishErin-size_restricted.gif

WellwornSardonicIberianlynx-size_restricted.gif

Great chin as well:
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I feel the same way, despite his last two wins being pretty good knockouts he doesn’t look any different than he did when he was knocking guys out prior to stipe.

I feel the same way, despite his last two wins being pretty good knockouts he doesn’t look any different than he did when he was knocking guys out prior to stipe.
Yes and that was my point. What is different since last time? Stipe hasn’t gotten worse and DC would certainly be a problem.

THats the problem with the HW division nowadays, they have no skills other than KO power. The ones with skills outside of ko power actually are at the top DC, Stipe.

How can you evaluate if there is changes in his game when his fights don't even go past a minute?

How can you evaluate if there is changes in his game when his fights don't even go past a minute?
Offense still looks the same. Caught JDS and Blaydes with looping shots that I don’t think he could catch Stipe or DC with.

I disagree- big time....... in stipe's case .
I'll even go as far as saying Ngannou opens up betting favorite in re-match ( slight) which would speak volumes coming off first fight.

DC - different story , I'd favor Daniel but wouldn't be shocked if Ngannou caught him but Cormier smart --- DC would have to make paramount mistake which would lead to Francis " putting one on him".

Ngannou uppercut so scary- I see someone eat one of those , my mouth and neck are sore the next day.

Offense still looks the same. Caught JDS and Blaydes with looping shots that I don’t think he could catch Stipe or DC with.
Against Cain he snuck a short shot in the clinch
Has he put someone out like that before?
You could say it something he added to his game
{<shrug}

It's not like he's spent a ton of time in there to actually show us anything.

Thats the problem with the HW division nowadays, they have no skills other than KO power. The ones with skills outside of ko power actually are at the top DC, Stipe.
i dont exactly agree.

Overeem, Boa Constrictor, Blaydes, JDS are all skilled.

HW is weird though, look what a power puncher like BlackBeast can do

i dont exactly agree.

Overeem, Boa Constrictor, Blaydes, JDS are all skilled.

HW is weird though, look what a power puncher like BlackBeast can do
The point is they don't use it. JDS allegesdly is a good BJJ, I don't see it. Overeem lost all track and turned very one dimensional, Blaydes hasn't translated his wrestling to be a threat to finish fights like DC & Cain. The HWs of last generation are sooo much more skilled than these new breed of HW. I find it embarrassing, this generation holds no candle to Nog & Fedor in terms of overall skill. It's like they forgot they have other aspects in MMA.

People have reboarded the train since he is on a three fight win streak. He has the power to knock out any man on the planet but I have not seen him fix the problems that made him lose to Stipe. He still throws wild haymakers but is able to get away with it because of his power. Feels like the Rumble situation a couple of years ago where he looks unstoppable against everyone but DC.

Stipe has already executed the perfect gameplan when the two fought and DC could easily do the same. Aside from the possibility of Ngannou catching either of them with a haymaker (which is very possible) I don’t think he has changed since the loss to Stipe. I don’t see how he develops a gameplan to win the title.
How would you know if there have been any changes in his "game". His last 3 fights were a combined 2 minutes and change.

The HWs of last generation are sooo much more skilled than these new breed of HW. I find it embarrassing, this generation holds no candle to Nog & Fedor in terms of overall skill. It's like they forgot they have other aspects in MMA.
<Fedor23>
Goats gonna Goat. Nog is a legend also

Im no expert at all, but wouldnt you say that considering the HWs of today cant do roids, and if yes, limited amounts... compared to the roidfest that pride was,
HW of this era might be more skilled.

Ngannou himself has couple submission on his record.

Im not trying to argue with you btw, just making convo on something i wonder myself sometimes

What would a fully roided BlackBeast look like in pride

Last edited:
Ive noticed that's he's been more measured since the Lewis fight. The legs kicks in the JDS fight were also a nice touch

<Fedor23>
Goats gonna Goat. Nog is a legend also

Im no expert at all, but wouldnt you sat that considering the HWs of today cant do roids, and if yes, limited amounts... compared to the roidfest that pride was,
HW of this era might be more skilled.

Ngannou himself has couple submission on his record.

Im not trying to argue with you btw, just making convo on something i wonder myself sometimes

What would a fully roided BlackBeast look like in pride
I'm not argueing either, it's just something I noticed when people talk about the HW division. Every single division in terms of fighters skills has gone up considerably from he last generation of fighters. HW seems to just have diminished imo. Roids could have been a factor in Prides HW division being the way it was, but I also look at it as the fighters actually used the skills they have & actually tried to round out their mma game.

Fully roided Black beast would look the same in terms of fighting ability. If he isn't changing some aspects in his skills now I don't think roids would either. Imo

Ive noticed that's he's been more measured since the Lewis fight. The legs kicks in the JDS fight were also a nice touch
Nice catch. Up until that fight, i never noticed the tree trunks he has for legs

He lost to Stipe precisely because he changed his game and went full retart. If he fights more carefully and wait for Stipe to walk into his punches then he has a much higher chance of winning.

Nice catch. Up until that fight, i never noticed the tree trunks he has for legs

Usually he used his speed to counter with his hook and never really set anything up. Against JDS he really used legs kicks and feints well

Back