McGregor should hire Rafael Cordeiro or train at Kings MMA

Ying Li

Yo mama
@red
Reaction score
I think he is one of the best coaches out there. Helped make RDA and Werdum Champs. Almost Gastellum.

Would be a huge and logical step above his current coach IMO.

He would be smart to go train at ATT or somewhere it is actually notable beyond his name.

I saw that shit @Ying Li

Our little secret

Its Kavanagh

He needs to do something to get out of that gym he’s at right now. Only good person left in that gym is the GOAT.
artem.png

Last edited:
conor doesnt want to train at a gym where he isnt the best. He likes its group of yes men to worship him like hes a god. They probably dont allow people over 5’10 and 170 lb at sbg.

Conner needs to focus on take down defense. That's always been his weakness from Chad Mendes to Diaz to Khabib. He didn't do that in his last training camp enough. If I were Conner I would train over an hour a day just on takedown defense with world class wrestlers, Sambo and Judo peple who study Khabib and can mimic his movements.

The person who solves the puzzle of stopping a Khabib takedown will beat Khabib

Conner needs to focus on take down defense. That's always been his weakness from Chad Mendes to Diaz to Khabib. He didn't do that in his last training camp enough. If I were Conner I would train over an hour a day just on takedown defense with world class wrestlers, Sambo and Judo peple who study Khabib and can mimic his movements.

Or the person “stopping” Khabibs TDs gets dropped silly from standing punches.

Khabib throws flying knees and hard punches into his TD chains, he’s not as one-dimensional as everyone puts him out to be. TD threat makes your striking better, its known.

McGregor should realize he's been an incredibly lucky fraud and leave combat sports to the real fighters and the real fans.

How bout just bring in a stud wrestler and work his butt off... like he did last year promoting Proper 12. The MMA game is always changing and you "have" to evolve with it.

You gotta be the smartest sumbitch I've ever seen<TheWire1>

How bout just bring in a stud wrestler and work his butt off... like he did last year promoting Proper 12. The MMA game is always changing and you "have" to evolve with it.

This. McGregor could get whoever he wanted in there to train with him. Jordan Burroughs should be in Ireland right now

That sounds like a terrible fit, Conor doesn't have good cardio and he's not really well rounded. If he tried to fight like RDA he would gas out in 2 rounds tops.

We don’t want Conor here in HB. His little ass would look ridiculous on the beach

Don't forget Babalu or King Mo, both respective champs

The fighting-style that Rafael Cordeiro's teaches is the complete inversion of how McGregor battles. It wouldn't suit him at all.

It would be like if the fleet-footed, counter-focused Anderson Silva of the UFC years suddenly reverted to the power muy thai game he had in Pride/Shooto. There is nothing wrong with either style. Some people are just more fit for one of them.

It's not like style of fighter matters....

Like others have said it's a bad coach/fighter style matchup. The way McGregor succeeds at fighting is nothing like what Coreiro specializes in teaching his fighters. In other words, Cordeiro isn't the guy to bring the best out of Conor. He would be teaching him a lot of things that wouldn't work given Conor's skillset and attributes.

He should stop drinking and start running up some hills.

Back