Who has the best defensive striking in MMA?

Threetrees

He/Him
@plutonium
Reaction score
Very rare art
Who has the best footwork, body movement, slips, parries, headmovement, parries, cage presence and all around defensive game

Very rare art
Who has the best footwork, body movement, slips, parries, headmovement, parries, cage presence and all around defensive game
Islam makhachev. accoding to stats he absorbs least amount sig strikes per minute in ufc history.

basically the best way to become good at defensive striking is to have A level wrestling.

Last edited:
Cody Garbrandt was always really slick with the footwork and head movement - until he lost his mind and started getting suckered into brawls
FreshHeftyAmericancurl-small.gif

source.gif

Jones, though it's not slips or footwork. Eye pokes and knee stomps keep people out of range pretty well.

Machida for awhile, until he lost a step.

Jones is a good answer.

Mousasi is probably the best slipper in the game; unlike guys like Machida and Jones and many others, he avoid damage while staying in the pocket. I think it's the reason so many adore the guy.

Jones
Adesanya
DC
Wonderboy
Mousasi
Conor

....and yes, you can reply with gifs, everybody gets hit

Rumble while active,at least standing not counting some GNP by Cormier.

Cody Garbrandt was always really slick with the footwork and head movement - until he lost his mind and started getting suckered into brawls
FreshHeftyAmericancurl-small.gif

source.gif
Cody is so stupid good outside of the pocket, but his insistence on brawling and giving one back for every one he gets is a shame because he's so good when he wants to be

Machida for awhile, until he lost a step.

Jones is a good answer.

Mousasi is probably the best slipper in the game; unlike guys like Machida and Jones and many others, he avoid damage while staying in the pocket. I think it's the reason so many adore the guy.
Mousasi is pretty special in the pocket,
I feel like gets hit a lot at range though

Conor is pretty good.. also prime Anderson was almost impossible to hit clean

Phil Davis is a really good defensive striker. Khabib too.

Cody has great head movement from the outside

...But he goes in the pocket looking for a finish with his chin high... always has.

That why he was able to beat Cruz, who fights fron the outside, albeit an old Cruz.... prime Cruz destroys him

Jon Jones. He just demonstrated it in his last fight with Santos. So who is the first to tell me that it's all because of steroids?<Lmaoo>

In terms of people not getting hit clean often it has to be this:

Alexander Volkanovski
Khabib Nurmagomedov
Jon Jones
Usman

You'll rarely see those guys get hit clean. Usman didn't get touched by many punches against Woodley, Volkanovski didn't get hit clean by Aldo, Khabib takes some shots but still rarely gets hit, and Jones has slenderman arms.

Jon Jones. He just demonstrated it in his last fight with Santos. So who is the first to tell me that it's all because of steroids?<Lmaoo>

But Jones is far from being the right answer, so what are you laughing at?

By the numbers, Islam Makhachev - if I recall correctly, no one else is even that close.

Back