Julianna Pena Thinks She Has The Style To Beat Amanda Nunes

pcbh167

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
2:55:55

Julianna said Nunes has practically cleared out the division; she acknowledges that GDR won in dominant fashion against Aspen, but that Nunes has already fought her.

She said that the champ has fought everyone except her and she brought up the Cat Zingano fight; she thinks she has the style to beat Nunes the same way Cat did.

"If you look at the loss that Amanda has to Cat Zingano, who was able to wrestle her down and to get her tired and to beat her up, so I think that's the match up stylistically that makes sense to beat Amanda."

"You gotta make it ugly; you gotta take her down and you gotta make it a dog fight and no one has been able to do that. I feel like I'm the fighter that with a full camp will be able to do that."

Last edited:
Sounds good, Pena is such an unlikable feminazi, I'd like to see her getting knocked out.

Please let them fight. Would be hilarious.

Good job pointing to that Zingano win from 5 years ago; no way Nunes has improved as a fighter since then.

zAGN5Ot.png

I dunno about that. That first round against Montano made it seem like she needed more work on her overall skill.
(She won, but, not so great).

I dunno about that. That first round against Montano made it seem like she needed more work on her overall skill.
(She won, but, not so great).
She did take that fight on 3 weeks notice and it was her first fight back off a 2 and half year layoff, so she had to shake off the ring rust.

Someone like Pena will beat Nunes. But much better. Tough as nails with legit wrestling and ground game. I can’t see any strikers matching Nunes on the feet right. Maybe cyborg if she doesn’t freak out from another leg kick. It will have to be a grinder to wear Amanda down.

Really suprised Holly didn’t try her wall n stall like against cyborg or her wrestling she showed against Anderson.

Pena is a tough girl but Nunes would flat-line her.

This is the weirdo that got pregnant just to get pregnant, all while allegedly wanting to get a title...

Hope she trolls Waterson with the mom-champ angle to push for the title shot.

Side note, Nunes smashes her face in.

I like how she oversimplified Cat's win. I really doubt that Julianna could take the shots Cat did and come back like that.

She's also lucky she lives in Liberalopolis, WA where she can get away with assault times two and death threats towards police officers because she's a woman.

I agree with her. She seems to have a chin on her too. I think she could weather Nunes for the first round or 2 and then come on strong with her g-n-p like Cathilee Deborah Zingano did.

Pena looked rusty in her last fight, but at her best she does present an interesting style match up against Nunes. Pena likes to wrestle and avoids exchanges on the feet as much as she can. I think if Pena can get another win or two then it's a good match up to make.

I don’t really like Pena, so I am all for that fight. Amanda will lay her out

I like how she oversimplified Cat's win. I really doubt that Julianna could take the shots Cat did and come back like that.

She's also lucky she lives in Liberalopolis, WA where she can get away with assault times two and death threats towards police officers because she's a woman.
Julianna can actually fight off her back very well, unlike Cat, so I don't think she would even take as many shots as Cat did.

Also, she lives in Chicago now.

Back