How the hell did Darren “The Damage” Elkins manage to get a 6-fight winning streak?

CBohl

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
The man has looked horrible in his last fights. Getting outstruck by Ryan Hall is an achievement in itself. All I can remember is that crazy comeback win against Bektic.

Relentless guy doesn't give a shit about braindamage, people gass by endlessly hitting him in the head.
giphy.gif

He accomplished that by not losing.

The man has looked horrible in his last fights. Getting outstruck by Ryan Hall is an achievement in itself. All I can remember is that crazy comeback win against Bektic.

Tough as nails, good chin, good wrestling

^ this. Grinders are extremely underrated in every sport. Dude has been fighting some of the toughest guys in the division for a long time now. He'll rebound, just needs to fight a bit smarter. Ryan Hall literally made him do all the work before running away for the last round.

he's on the downswing.

By horrible do you mean one of the toughest fighters at 145? Ryan Hall would kick your fucking head clean off your shoulders, and Darren just ate it like a champ. Elkins is the gatekeeper at 145. He isn't elite, but he is good and if you can't beat him you have no business fighting the cream of the crop.

Will power, dragging opponents into ugly fights, and tenacity.

^ this. Grinders are extremely underrated in every sport. Dude has been fighting some of the toughest guys in the division for a long time now. He'll rebound, just needs to fight a bit smarter. Ryan Hall literally made him do all the work before running away for the last round.
Will he? Or will his nickname become something sad? He's on a 3 fight skid. UFC better throw him a softball or he's cut. Everyone high on the Reebok scale I feel is at risk.

By being super tough, watch his fights, he generally gets his butt kicked and has to finish late to win.

toughness and wrestling.

all the damage he's taken has clearly added up, you shouldn't be getting dropped 3 times by ryan hall, i can understand getting dropped by flush kicks to the head but he got dropped by a punch too.

Only ever seen him against Hall and he looked bush league level in there. Pulling back when Hall spun, flailing and falling all over the place... The only thing he did well was to shut down Hall’s rolls and disengaging.

Back