Marty confirms Askren is next: "Colby's gambling debt cost him UFC title shot"

OzoneX

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
“I literally smacked my head like this kid f***s it up again, again. I said from the start, this was going to be his fight to mess up and that is exactly (why) he did what he just did. Those gambling debts might have caught up to him, you never know the backstory of what is going on,” Kamaru Usman said to TMZ Sports. “Debts might have caught up to him, he hasn’t fought for a long time trying to sit out and be a pest to not just to me but to Woodley at some point and also to Dana White at some point.

“You sat out for a long time and now you are kind of reaping what you sold. At the end of the day, this is not me saying oh, I don’t want to fight him. I definitely want to fight him,” he continued. “People might say well you are ducking Colby Covington, his three fans who continuously try to pester me every day. There is no one right now in the world that I would love to punch more or hurt more than him, or Ben Askren. Either one I don’t really care it doesn’t matter. It just goes to show you who is in power and it’s not him.”

“I need to put my hands on Covington, I gotta get that out of the way. But, Ben Askren is next,” Kamaru Usman said. “He is the representative of this new aid society where trolls and these guys that probably could never touch you or do anything to you feel like because they have a platform on the internet, I am going to talk as reckless as possible. So, I kind of need to humble him up. But, it doesn’t matter, I just want to fight and get back to doing what I love and get back to competing. So it doesn’t matter either of them can get it.”

https://www.mmamania.com/2019/6/26/...him-his-ufc-title-shot-ben-askren-is-now-next

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc...-messed-up-title-shot-ben-askren-is-now-next/

Still can't believe Colby is fighting Lawler and Askren might get a title shot next. What a crazy world we live in.

we should feed marty to cm punk, put that nebraskan in his place

We shouldn’t make fun now that I think about it. Would you really be focusing on such things when you grew up walking 250-500 miles a day for water?
surely you don't actually think anyone is out there walking that far a day lol

We shouldn’t make fun now that I think about it. Would you really be focusing on such things when you grew up walking 250-500 miles a day for water?
Damn I knew Mike Perry did that in Flint, I didnt know Marty had to in Nebraska aswell.

Isn't Askren fighting Masvidal?

If Askren destroys Masvidal he'll have a solid case to leapfrog Covington and, obviously, especially if Lawler somehow wins or at least makes it super close. But saying Askren is next in line before either guy's fight is bullshit and does sound like ducking.

Askren already defeated Masvidal via forfeit when he didnt show up to media obligations, so the fight with Usman is on now.

You're aware that Usman didn't write the article himself, right?

I don't think they do. The person also put "new aid society" instead of age.

Colby having gambling debts wouldn't shock me considering he plays lots of poker and hangs out with some local degenerates in South Florida.

Assuming both Colby and Askren win their next fight (if one wins one loses it's pretty clear who gets the shot) their last 3 fights would be:

Colby:
Maia WIN
RDA WIN
Lawler WIN

Askren:
Shinya Aoki (43-9 lol) WIN
Lawler WIN*
Masvidal WIN

You can hate Colby all you want, but that guy already earned his TS, and if he beats Lawler it would be straight up criminal to deny him his shot.

Back