Why is Diego fighting Chiesa

AssassinFacedBaby

Shitpost Belt
Banned
Reaction score
I don’t see what this fight does for either guy, A win over Diego does absolutely nothing for chiesa as his last quality win was Held back in 2016 and has traded wins and losses since 2012. Chiesa should be fighting someone like Gunnar or Perry. This is one of the worst matchups of the year so far

Sometimes a fight is just a fight - not every fight needs to mean something beyond that. Neither are hugely relevant.

Plus, they're getting paid.

Either watch or dont watch.

Wheres the issue?

Sometimes a fight is just a fight - not every fight needs to mean something beyond that. Neither are hugely relevant.

Plus, they're getting paid.

Either watch or dont watch.

Wheres the issue?
The issue is that Chiesa should be fighting someone who is going to actually give him a boost in the division, not Diego who has beaten no one relevant or decent since Held.

Yeah I’d rather see Diego in fun fights with vets

Diego vs condit made sense but they haven’t done it

Why is Diego still fighting at all

The issue is that Chiesa should be fighting someone who is going to actually give him a boost in the division, not Diego who has beaten no one relevant or decent since Held.

That's only an issue in your little mind.

There could be a myriad of reasons this fight and not others is going ahead; injuries/availability. Chiesa wants a biggish name like Sanchez on his record and just wants to get paid.

Get a clue, dummy, sometimes fighters just gotta fight to make a living, beyond rising up the rankings.

That's only an issue in your little mind.

There could be a myriad of reasons this fight and not others is going ahead; injuries/availability. Chiesa wants a biggish name like Sanchez on his record and just wants to get paid.

Get a clue, dummy, sometimes fighters just gotta fight to make a living, beyond rising up the rankings.
Yeah fair enough, just seems like a clueless matchup. Good point.

Chiesa RnC... or he shits the bed. One of those two things will happen. Probably the former.

I don’t see what this fight does for either guy, A win over Diego does absolutely nothing for chiesa as his last quality win was Held back in 2016 and has traded wins and losses since 2012. Chiesa should be fighting someone like Gunnar or Perry. This is one of the worst matchups of the year so far

Because Maia called out chiesa so chiesa had to find someone else quickly in order to act like he was already booked.

Look at the years and years, what, fifteen years now or some shit? Almost I think. So let's say 14.5 years of nonstop ufc contention at three separate weight classes. And you're questioning whether he can be matched up against Michael Chiesa. Okay.

Because Maia called out chiesa so chiesa had to find someone else quickly in order to act like he was already booked.

By the way, Diego called out maia, that's the fight I wanted to see, a good name, a recent contender, a winnable fight.

Look at the years and years, what, fifteen years now or some shit? Almost I think. So let's say 14.5 years of nonstop ufc contention at three separate weight classes. And you're questioning whether he can be matched up against Michael Chiesa. Okay.
You also forgot to mention he is 5-8 since 2011, been knocked out 3 times with his two most recent wins coming against bottom of the barell journeymen in Alex White (14-10 Record, 0-2 in the ufc) & Mickey Gall (who’s best win is George Sullivan, a guy who has been finished 4 times in the UFC). So yeah it makes complete sense why I am questioning this, you dumbass

You also forgot to mention he is 5-8 since 2011, been knocked out 3 times with his two most recent wins coming against bottom of the barell journeymen in Alex White (14-10 Record, 0-2 in the ufc) & Mickey Gall (who’s best win is George Sullivan, a guy who has been finished 4 times in the UFC). So yeah it makes complete sense why I am questioning this, you dumbass

Oh piss off. You don't give two shits in a tin can for Diego. You don't give a damn about his health. You just want to shit on him for doing what he loves.

Chiesa wants this fight because he sees Diego as an easy night for him + a decent sized name.

Months back Chiesa was asked about Demian Maia calling him out and he ducked like a motherfucker and said something like "I don't think we're really heading the same directions" or some stupid shit like that.
What Chiesa? You don't want to fight (at the time) the guy who just fought for the title and then lost a fight to the guy who then became champ? Why wouldn't you want that?

Then a couple months later he did an interview where he said he wanted a top10 or top5 opponent. Well, shit Chiesa you had your chance but you knew Demian Maia would absolutely rape you.

Story of a ducker.

Back