dumb fight rules

tekkenfan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
i think it is retarded as all hell that you cant grab the glove standing up to trap hands for dirty boxing or for takedowns yet they are allowed to grab the glove to defend a actual choke which is why its so hard to get rncs in mma today they need to at leats stop the no grabbing rule on feat then since guys do it at the worst time when someones locking in a choke

That fights are scored on a round-to-round basis instead of just calculating the overall damage of every round combined

dJ9x0A2.gif

Taken from the Nevada State Athletic Commission website, here’s the official wording of the rule.

“NAC 467.7962 Acts constituting fouls. (NRS 467.030)

10. Striking downward using the point of the elbow. All elbow strikes are legal except for an elbow that is thrown in a downward trajectory (hand traveling from 12 o’clock to 6 o’clock). Any elbow thrown with an arc is a legal elbow. The point of the elbow may be used as striking instrument as well as the forearm or the tricep area of the arm.”

12–6 elbow - Wikipedia

jj threw a 12-7 here. an illegal one would follow the pathe of a rope hanging from cieling to floor....

Last edited:
dJ9x0A2.gif

Taken from the Nevada State Athletic Commission website, here’s the official wording of the rule.

“NAC 467.7962 Acts constituting fouls. (NRS 467.030)

10. Striking downward using the point of the elbow. All elbow strikes are legal except for an elbow that is thrown in a downward trajectory (hand traveling from 12 o’clock to 6 o’clock). Any elbow thrown with an arc is a legal elbow. The point of the elbow may be used as striking instrument as well as the forearm or the tricep area of the arm.”

12–6 elbow - Wikipedia
lol u would say that as a jones fanboy being thats his loss XD

<{katwhu}> <KingstonFrown><{walkerwhut}>{<doc}<{dootch}>

Where did you get that?

You cant grab gloves or shorts no matter what position you are in

when guys fight for the choke guys hand fight the glove to defend and by time your able to tell the ref you already lost positions name with guillotines if you knew grappling well ud understand what im talking about

when guys fight for the choke guys hand fight the glove to defend and by time your able to tell the ref you already lost positions name with guillotines if you knew grappling well ud understand what im talking about

"they are allowed to grab the glove to defend a actual choke"

No they are not.... the end. There is no discussing that. Its the rules.

If they do it or not its irrelevant.

Your thread is based on the point that they are allowed and they arent. The thread title has "fight rules" in it. And then you say they should be allowed to grab gloves standing because they can do it on the ground.

Well... they cant
<BC1>

Last edited:
Putting them in a cage, then insisting they not latch onto it as they're going down.

That's just instinct, but once they're down then latching on becomes much more blatantly illegal. But a falling person can't be expected to resist clinging to the fence, it's a natural reaction.

I hate the ref standing them up. Seems like an opportune time to attack if you're standing

"they are allowed to grab the glove to defend a actual choke"

No they are not.... the end. There is no discussing that. Its the rules.

If they do it or not its irrelevant.

Your thread is based on the point that they are allowed and they arent. The thread title has "fight rules" in it. And then you say they should be allowed to grab gloves standing because they can do it on the ground.

<BC1>

welp it happens all the time lol sadly guess they can only take points the from now on almost every time you go for a rnc its natural t grab the hand to stop it which is grabbing the glove thats why u hardly see guys finishing rncs in mma guillotines. "anderson silva weird nod gif"

“Warnings” for fence grabs are so stupid they are funny. “If you grab it again I’ll taje a point”. Grabs it again immediately and the ref pushes their hand away.

ohh also this will piss off the just bleed guys but if you are in dominant position at end of the round you should restart the round if you are in mount or back control ill let them restart with side but mount and back u shouldnt have to restart the round since fights that close to being over

“Warnings” for fence grabs are so stupid they are funny. “If you grab it again I’ll taje a point”. Grabs it again immediately and the ref pushes their hand away.

u shouldnt grab fence tbh im glad they do take points they dont do it enough tbh u should get 1 warning if u do longer than 4 seconds take a point

u just dont know how hard it is to get someone down who grab the fence isnt fair

i think it is retarded as all hell that you cant grab the glove standing up to trap hands for dirty boxing or for takedowns yet they are allowed to grab the glove to defend a actual choke which is why its so hard to get rncs in mma today they need to at leats stop the no grabbing rule on feat then since guys do it at the worst time when someones locking in a choke

Here is an example of why grabbing gloves is illegal.
source.gif

u shouldnt grab fence tbh im glad they do take points they dont do it enough tbh u should get 1 warning if u do longer than 4 seconds take a point

u just dont know how hard it is to get someone down who grab the fence isnt fair
I’d grab the fence all day. The refs give 15 warnings and are scared to actually take a point. It’s rare a ref actually does

Banning 12-6 elbows is the single stupidest rule. It is completely nonsensical.

welp it happens all the time lol sadly guess they can only take points the from now on almost every time you go for a rnc its natural t grab the hand to stop it which is grabbing the glove thats why u hardly see guys finishing rncs in mma guillotines. "anderson silva weird nod gif"
Just clear something up, that i got the impression you might have misunderstood... (or maybe you didnt, but still, just to make sure)

You cannot insert your fingers INSIDE your opponents glove or interlace them with the glove in a way that it creates any extra grip.

You ARE ALLOWED to hold/touch their hands normally though to fight the chokes like you mention

Gegard+Mousasis+Illegal+Upkicks+Lyoto+Machida+UFC+Fight+Night+36.gif

Illegal

rose.gif

Totally Fine

method=get&s=kurt-pellegrino-camoes.gif

Totally Fine

Pfft... fucking Unified Garbage

I’d grab the fence all day. The refs give 15 warnings and is scared to actually take a point. It’s rare a ref actually does
It is also a good idea to immediately kick your opponent in the nuts and then eyepoke them. The chances of actually losing a point are virtually nil.

I’d grab the fence all day. The refs give 15 warnings and are scared to actually take a point. It’s rare a ref actually does
Don't forget the allotted 1 free dick kick. You may as well use one to start the fight off, Masvidal style, and make it count bc you're gonna get a pass.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back