Can TJ come back and regain his top contender status?

Martialbeef

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
If Dillashaw returns in a year and a half, he should be 35. Obviously it's at Bantamweight where age can be a bigger factor than upper weight classes, but DC is 40 and as dominant as ever. If Snake comes back highly motivated and well trained during his time off, can he win another belt, even?

Have to imagine his main competition at this time will be a prime Petr Yan, Cejudo (possibly full-time Bantamweight then) Moraes etc.

Other fighters who have been suspended have come back and done it, so guessing he could.

Depends on two things
  1. How good are the contenders when he returns
  2. How much of his success was due to EPO
I think he’ll lose more the retire when he comes back.

Unless tripple C has moved on to bigger and better things, no.

henry-cejudo-590x592.jpg

Nah. At 35 he'll be too slow to keep up with the younger guys.

This is the UFC, he will come back to a main event, probably a PPV, the hype machine will get behind him again, fighters will line up to fight him, Rogan will start sucking him off again and if he wins the title back, Anikbot will remark how order has been restored to the BW division.

He wins with superior technique against 95% of bantamweights

His game doesn't rely on super explosive movements so he should be TJ but an older version

EPO mostly helps cardio/endurance as far as i know....so the real question is how good of shape is he in when he returns

You know how much shit hes probably taking rn now without USADA hes gonna comeback all TJ Dilesnar

He wasnt particularly fast to begin with and he's someone who is really hard to count out. I think he will win a lot of big fights but won't win back his title

If Dillashaw returns in a year and a half, he should be 35. Obviously it's at Bantamweight where age can be a bigger factor than upper weight classes, but DC is 40 and as dominant as ever. If Snake comes back highly motivated and well trained during his time off, can he win another belt, even?

Have to imagine his main competition at this time will be a prime Petr Yan, Cejudo (possibly full-time Bantamweight then) Moraes etc.
No. He was already pretty self-conscious. And now he realizes everyone thinks he is a cheat. He'll be mentally broken.

2 year lay off and no EPO, i think he is done

Well, according to the Dillashaw curse, he's due for another 4 wins before losing again.

He’s DONE.

I’m not sure he ever comes back, but if he DOES, his time at the top is over.

NOPE too old too much time off not enough EPO.

RIP snake

<codychoke>

Back