Funky: Lord Lobov stinks, not even an average mixed martial artist

OzoneX

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
“I get that Paulie retired, but he was a world champion. Now Artem, I went back to his record to make sure he was as bad as I remember him being. The fact is he’s as bad as I remember him being. He stinks. And this wasn’t like he did MMA and had great standup but struggled on the ground, or always got taken down. Or had great hands but couldn’t deal with the kicks. It wasn’t anything like that. It was like he was a very average mixed martial artist. Average, that might even be getting a little too much.

“So how can a guy like that, who’s not even great at standup in mixed martial arts, go to beat a guy who was a world champion in boxing? And the answer to me seems that people who box must just not be that good at boxing.”

https://www.bjpenn.com/bare-knuckle...s-to-artem-lobovs-win-over-paulie-malignaggi/

images

He's right. But I've viewed Ben quite recently as an elitist prick, he doesn't come across as this comedic figure like hs used to

Askren should never comment on anyone's stand-up skills.

Askren just jealous because Lobov is 10x more famous, no matter how much shit Askren talks on Twitter, and yes, Askren is more famous for twitter trash talk than his boring fight style.

How can anyone dare to insult Goat Artem like that?! Askrem would get smashed badly by Artem if he tried to do BareKnuckle fighting.

“I get that Paulie retired, but he was a world champion. Now Artem, I went back to his record to make sure he was as bad as I remember him being. The fact is he’s as bad as I remember him being. He stinks. And this wasn’t like he did MMA and had great standup but struggled on the ground, or always got taken down. Or had great hands but couldn’t deal with the kicks. It wasn’t anything like that. It was like he was a very average mixed martial artist. Average, that might even be getting a little too much.

“So how can a guy like that, who’s not even great at standup in mixed martial arts, go to beat a guy who was a world champion in boxing? And the answer to me seems that people who box must just not be that good at boxing.”

https://www.bjpenn.com/bare-knuckle...s-to-artem-lobovs-win-over-paulie-malignaggi/

images
He kinda right, lobov had a mixed record b4 ufc. On the European circuit. And ONE FC isnt a bad level

Paulie was in a finite division and was champ for a finite time when they had infinite belts.

As someone who watched almost all of Artem's fights, as they happened or soon after during his career before the UFC and having an understanding of his level of competition,he's right.He wasn't fighting the best guys but he was fighting the best guys around pretty much his whole career which is why I stood up for him back when everyone shit on a .500 fighter getting into TUF because he had a lot to offer his team in training and experience.Not a big fan or ever care,but he's an entertaining fighter that didn't take an easy road and he gets kudos in my book for that.Most noobs here don't actually watch fights and seem to spend more time studying fight finder,pretty sad tbh.Not on the stupid Artem bandwagon but I have always appreciated him as a fighter.

average?

you're doing a bit of overrating there Askren.

I remember when I elected Paulie president of boxing's war on mma. I never thought he would do this to us.

He aint lying. Boxers and their fans are the most delusional people in the world. I worked with a dude who boxed six months talk about how he has better hands than pro mma fighters. Most obnoxious person ive ever met. Would shadow box at work.

"Now Artem, I went back to his record to make sure he was as bad as I remember him being."

{<jordan}{<jordan}{<jordan}

He's right. But I've viewed Ben quite recently as an elitist prick, he doesn't come across as this comedic figure like hs used to

He seems like he is that one guy in highschool that hung out with everyone, was at all the parties, didn't get picked on, but if you asked anyone... no one would say they liked him. He just comes off as douchy.

As someone who watched almost all of Artem's fights, as they happened or soon after during his career before the UFC and having an understanding of his level of competition,he's right.He wasn't fighting the best guys but he was fighting the best guys around pretty much his whole career which is why I stood up for him back when everyone shit on a .500 fighter getting into TUF because he had a lot to offer his team in training and experience.Not a big fan or ever care,but he's an entertaining fighter that didn't take an easy road and he gets kudos in my book for that.Most noobs here don't actually watch fights and seem to spend more time studying fight finder,pretty sad tbh.Not on the stupid Artem bandwagon but I have always appreciated him as a fighter.

Agreed, most fans don't understand what it means when a guy like that says he will take any fight any time and then actually does it. He wasn't the most talented, but he did come to kill or be killed pretty much every time and I respect that. I still dislike him, mostly because of Conny, but I also feel like if they weren't such close friends Artem wouldn't approve of the shit Conny does, but he is a loyal dude so....

Back