Media Jon Jones offers to help Bobby Knuckles prepare for Izzy

Mortal Wombat

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
https://www.foxsports.com.au/ufc/jo...a/news-story/46896235f52fed2d08a1910b0ff537ec
Jon Jones is not quite convinced by Israel Adesanya.
So, the UFC light heavyweight champion is backing Rob Whittaker to take out a much-anticipated — but still unofficial — 185-pound title unification bout with the Nigerian-born Kiwi, and is willing to lend a helping hand if required.

Jones himself has gone back-and-forth with Adesanya on social media; sparking speculation that a fight between two of the most exciting mixed martial artists might happen at some point down the line.

But the UFC megastar isn’t so sure it would be a genuine test.

“I think he’s [Adesanya] done good,” Jones told foxsports.com.au. “But I’m no Kelvin Gastelum. I’m a lot different to Kelvin Gastelum and if Kelvin can come that close to beating him, I’m not too worried about him.”

Adesanya is coming off a decision win over Gastelum in April; a five-round war that saw him pushed further than he ever had been in the Octagon.

The win saw Adesanya handed the interim middleweight belt, and set him up for a fight with current champion Whittaker; a match-up Jones says he wants to help the Aussie prepare for.

“I’m taking Robert Whittaker,” Jones said of the fight expected to take place later in 2019.

“I think he’s the more versatile fighter and I feel like Israel was definitely exposed by Gastelum. He showed that he can be touched by a guy with much shorter reach — a guy that didn’t grow up kickboxing put him through a kickboxing clinic, you know.

“So, I believe that Whittaker can win the fight, and if Whittaker needs help training for the fight, I’d love to help him.”

Now thats pretty interesting. Bobby should take the offer imo. PEDs or not Jones is probably the closest style to Izzy. What say Sherdog?

If Adesanya trains with the great overlord Artem it won’t matter. Artem trained with the best striker and most succesful fighter in mma history Conor Mcgregor. Imagine if Artem took young Israel under his wing.
giphy.gif

If Adesanya trains with the great overlord Artem it won’t matter. Artem trained with the best striker and most succesful fighter in mma history Conor Mcgregor. Imagine if Artem took young Israel under his wing.
under artem's wing ? do you forget Israel has a 15 inch reach adv over him

You’re a truly hurtin individual, alright.

He just wants a hookup on kangaroo meat

Jon really dislikes Israel
Not surprised, tbh

Jon Jones knows a guy who have quality 'supplements'

I love when someone pisses Jones off
He doubles down on them hard

His face should be in the dictionary under the word Sociopath

Izzy vs Jon Jones could be in the works if Izzy beats Bobby Knuckles. Too bad Bobby has to lose for it to happen

Jon be jealous baby, Jonny be jelly! Damn you cant stop Johnny from being jelly baby!

Seriously join date yesterday? He’s clearly a troll, the mods know it but they have to wait until he breaks the rules. Meanwhile he will be polluting the forums with nonsense.

I always thought he would be the perfect picture to place beside the word ... Fuckstick.

Yeah people can say things like bitter and shook, but it’s different with Jones...

Izzy vs Jon Jones could be in the works if Izzy beats Bobby Knuckles. Too bad Bobby has to lose for it to happen
Maybe not though. Sure Dana would give Izzy a TS if he moved up. It would sell more PPVS than Santos, Walker and Luke imo.

Jon Jones giving attention to Israel piques my curiosity. I wonder why Jones is focusing on Israel, does he see a threat?

Back