Amanda Nunes calls Ronda Rousey the most DOMINATING woman on the planet? Is she right?

suhdude

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
On herself: is she the greatest?

“Yeah, it’s for sure,” Nunes said on Monday. “I am the greatest of all-time. I beat the most dominating woman on the planet. I feel like I deserve it now.”

Is ronda the most dominating woman on the planet prior to Nunes? Ronda went through a MURDERERS ROW in her heyday. She polished liz carmouche and set the wmma on the map. She licked tate twice. And beat ALPHA cat zigano by sheer intimidation. Then she overcame bethe correia. This is an unpredictable sport and she did get accidentally caught against Holly Holm. People are going to be quick to shit on her for losing the way she did but it happens to the best. Happened to Jones, happened to aldo, to the spider even Gsp got dusted by a featherweight.

Ronda in her time was raw, unapologetic and was dripping with sex appeal. Most of the mma community is men so it was hard to be seen as a dominating force of nature but she was more than a pretty face. It’s good a fellow goat in Nunes acknowledges her and pays respects to past legends.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2019/6/...ma-news-interview-amanda-nunes-fight-greatest

Before Edmond screwed her with "boxing".

Maybe.

Also before she had Travis' baby

Maybe.

{<RR}

She was honestly running through girls until the Holly ko

Amanda is goat...Ronda most dominant prime

She's right

I see a lot of butthurt and rejected potential Mr. Rouseys incoming.

I think she beat the most dominating woman on the planet, but I think that woman was Cyborg.

Love her, or Hate her, Ronda would armbar 90% of the division. Nunes is right. But nunes would smoke Ronda 10/10 times.

Love her, or Hate her, Ronda would armbar 90% of the division. Nunes is right. But nunes would smoke Ronda 10/10 times.

She absolutely would armbar 90% of the division. But Cyborg probably murks every other woman not named Amanda Nunes.

sgCkBSk.gif

TBH, some of the girls Ronda smashed in one round are still giving the new gen of WMMA a tough fight, hell Julia Budd is a bellator champ and hasn't loss since Rousey finished her.

“Yeah, it’s for sure,” Nunes said on Monday. “I am the greatest of all-time. I beat the most dominating woman on the planet. I feel like I deserve it now.”

Is ronda the most dominating woman on the planet prior to Nunes? Ronda went through a MURDERERS ROW in her heyday. She polished liz carmouche and set the wmma on the map. She licked tate twice. And beat ALPHA cat zigano by sheer intimidation. Then she overcame bethe correia. This is an unpredictable sport and she did get accidentally caught against Holly Holm. People are going to be quick to shit on her for losing the way she did but it happens to the best. Happened to Jones, happened to aldo, to the spider even Gsp got dusted by a featherweight.

Ronda in her time was raw, unapologetic and was dripping with sex appeal. Most of the mma community is men so it was hard to be seen as a dominating force of nature but she was more than a pretty face. It’s good a fellow goat in Nunes acknowledges her and pays respects to past legends.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2019/6/...ma-news-interview-amanda-nunes-fight-greatest
happened to jones when exactly?

I agree but was she talking about Cyborg or Ronda? I can’t tell from the quote and didn’t click the link.

Either way, yes Ronda was the most dominant and polarizing WMMA fighter.

Nunes can catch her soon though in the dominance aspect. She will never be as polarizing as Ronda.

The way she said it, it sounded like she was referring to her most recent fight, and she was likely referring to cyborg. "I feel like I deserve it now". As in, since she beat Cyborg. She beat Ronda a long time ago.

Cyborg is obviously very popular here on Sherdog. Real fan favorite.

Amanda beat both women that were absolutely dominating every other woman they fought. Both of them were also doing this for a consistent period of time. Ronda was such an overwhelming favorite in her peak, you can’t argue that she wasn’t.

Yeah when she stuck with her grappling she was unreal to watch, throw after throw, armbar after armbar it was really insane to watch her cut through 135 wmma like nothing, it wasnt until she had the W vs Betche via KO that she started to fade....she fell in love with her standup that just was not there at a high level.

I have Ronda at #2 all time and definitely the person who put wmma on the main stream map...fuck Gina she was gifted opponents and when she finally faced a solid one in cyborg she was destroyed, I do give her credit for being game that night...but that beating retired her.

Well, she was at one point, her wins were often quick and impressive, a legit camp might still had her as champ to this day.

I don't think you understood what Nunes meant by "dominating." Also Joanna was close during tuf

I don't know about that...

Now this woman took on a full red-blooded male elephant and lived to tell the tale, now that's DOMINATING!

giphy.gif

Back