Extremely old footage of Big Nog and Arona training

Verace

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score

Nog appearance changed so much with age. Crazy how young he looks here.

<30>

Nice find.
Prime Nog was a monster until he ran into the true GOAT

I am going to be the devils advocate and say anyone who thinks Nog is the 2nd best HW of all time is full of shit.

DAAAAMN! That legendary fuckin chin did NOT do his face any favors. Also, Arona's always been so awkward on the feet.

niiiice. i remember watching big Nog on one season of TUF and he seemed super nice. just noticed that the scar/fold on his back is kinda like a natural handle. wonder if anyone ever grabbed it to control him

Was hoping for more surfing and beach ladies in bikinis........left disappointed.

I am going to be the devils advocate and say anyone who thinks Nog is the 2nd best HW of all time is full of shit.
2 assess this shit, ya need to have watched his WEF & Rings fights, & everybody knows ya never did so, mate.

Nog should’ve had a longer reign because he completely outclassed Coleman when the public still thought big wrestlers were the end-all of the heavyweights.

Then Fedor shows up and raises the bar again.

Nog as the 2nd best HW ever is an extremely easy argument to make, especially if you judge fighters by how good they were compared to their peers at the time.

I actually think he has the most top 10 wins out of any HW (even more than Fedor). Of course he's behind Fedor for obviously reasons, but the guy was a monster.

Nog has the longest reign as a top 5 fighter in the history of the sport. 11 years.

Top 5 is great and he was always highly ranked, but a reign usually refers to the champion or the very top.

He was #1 for about a year or so.

Top 5 is great and he was always highly ranked, but a reign usually refers to the champion or the very top.

He was #1 for about a year or so.
Fair enough. He was the #1 HW for just shy of 2 and a half years.

Back