goats that can .............

jmsmma170

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
compete with the top 10 in 3 different weight classes.

2 weight classes has been done . randy couture, conor, bj, dc, etc.

i seriously dont know if anyone can compete in 3 classes succesfully EXCEPT for maybe frankie edgar a couple years ago. when he beat gray he could have dropped to 145 then and eventually 135.

im not saying he could be champ in each but actually remain in the top 10 in each.

hes about the only guy i can think of but only if it was like 6 years ago and i dont think in todays sport its possible.

the only way i think it would happen today is if they split up the heavy weight division and / or added a 165 weight class and 195.

maybe robert whitaker could compete in the top 10 in 205 considering hes dominating 185 and was successful at 170 also.

thoughts???????????????????????????????

Honestly, I think prime, pre USADA Chad Mendes could have been competitive at 135, 145, and 155. He (probably) wouldn't have held the belt at any of those weight classes, but he'd easily be in the top 5 everywhere with his wrestling, speed, and power.

Considering that he's not even that small at batamweight, Cejudo has currently the best chance by a wide margin.

compete with the top 10 in 3 different weight classes.

2 weight classes has been done . randy couture, conor, bj, dc, etc.

i seriously dont know if anyone can compete in 3 classes succesfully EXCEPT for maybe frankie edgar a couple years ago. when he beat gray he could have dropped to 145 then and eventually 135.

im not saying he could be champ in each but actually remain in the top 10 in each.

hes about the only guy i can think of but only if it was like 6 years ago and i dont think in todays sport its possible.

the only way i think it would happen today is if they split up the heavy weight division and / or added a 165 weight class and 195.

maybe robert whitaker could compete in the top 10 in 205 considering hes dominating 185 and was successful at 170 also.

thoughts???????????????????????????????

tenor.gif

Romero 185, 205, 225
Cejudo 125, 135, 145

Pettis has top ten wins at 145, 155, 170 as well.

GSP is going to come back at 155 and be triple champ

BJ could have done well at FW when he was good

Anderson was successful from WW to LHW

Pettis has a win at 145

In theory, a lot of people thought Fedor could have made MW, but I think his balls were too heavy for that

Sherk might have been small enough to make 145

Last edited:
Anderson in his prime would have beaten most LHWs and a good few top HWs. He would have beaten Mir, Nogueira, Randy, possibly Brock and other lower ranked HWs when they were in the UFC.

Anderson could at worst compete with the top 10 in those 3 weight classes. Not excell to the same degree but compete? 100%

Machida could have competed with most guys from MW to HW too. There's probably a few guys that did or could. Hendo for one.

If Khabib will nut up you’ll see a 3 weight champion. And there is little doubt that prime GSP would have dominated 3 weight classes.

Who could have beat him? Certainly nobody at WW or LW. And he would have beat Anderson the cheater Silva all day everyday. Chael proved that.

Anderson in his prime would have beaten most LHWs and a good few top HWs. He would have beaten Mir, Nogueira, Randy, possibly Brock and other lower ranked HWs when they were in the UFC.

Anderson could at worst compete with the top 10 in those 3 weight classes. Not excell to the same degree but compete? 100%

Machida could have competed with most guys from MW to HW too. There's probably a few guys that did or could. Hendo for one.

I'm pissed we never got to see Anderson vs Frank Mur

If Khabib will nut up you’ll see a 3 weight champion. And there is little doubt that prime GSP would have dominated 3 weight classes.

Who could have beat him? Certainly nobody at WW or LW. And he would have beat Anderson the cheater Silva all day everyday. Chael proved that.

Chael is GSP now? Funny you say this like it's certain yet GSP didn't share your confidence. GSP could easily compete with MWs. He wouldn't dominate them like WWs though. There's probably some good LHWs that GSP would have beaten too.

A. Silva is the only fighter ever to have top 3 wins in 3 different weight classes (WW, MW, LHW)

I'm pissed we never got to see Anderson vs Frank Mur

Anderson would have clowned Mir. Such a terrible style for Mir. Mirs takedowns are atrocious and his stand up is slow as hell.

Anderson would have clowned Mir. Such a terrible style for Mir. Mirs takedowns are atrocious and his stand up is slow as hell.

He probably would have killed Mir is thirteen seconds

The question is whether or not he could have made LW. Probably not IMO.

Rashad? Should have dropped to MW sooner imo.
Pettis as mentioned aswell.

Rumble has wins at 170, 185, 205 and even beat Arlosvki at HW aswell.

I dropped the word GOAT from the discussion as none of the GOAT contenders could do 3 classes. Maybe GSP could have dorpped to 155 but I dunno.

Back