News Dana White - "I call Jon Jones the greatest, most wouldn't disagree"

Do you agree with Dana White? Is Jon Jones the greatest to ever fight in mixed martial arts?

• Total voters

Reactionary Corporatist

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Do you disagree with Dana white?
time stamped

Is Jon Jones the greatest to ever do it despite popping enough times to warrant 3 lifetime bans?
https://ufc.usada.org/wp-content/uploads/UFC-anti-doping-policy-EN.pdf

2.1 PRESENCE OF A PROHIBITED SUBSTANCE OR ITS METABOLITES OR MARKERS IN AN ATHLETE’S SAMPLE
It is each Athlete’s personal duty to ensure that no Prohibited Substance enters his or her body. Athletes are responsible for any Prohibited Substance or its Metabolites or Markers found to be present in their Samples. Accordingly, it is not necessary that intent, Fault, negligence or knowing Use on the Athlete’s part be demonstrated in order to establish an Anti-Doping Policy Violation under Article 2.1.

It's hard to ignore the consistent failed drug tests but he probably is going to go down as the greatest ever. I mean none of these guys can even compete with him (pico or no pico). DC and Gus were the closest.

Maybe his legacy will change if he moves up to HW and gets flat lined by Stipe or Ngannou

It's hard to ignore the consistent failed drug tests but he probably is going to go down as the greatest ever. I mean none of these guys can even compete with him (pico or no pico). DC and Gus were the closest.

Maybe his legacy will change if he moves up to HW and gets flat lined by Stipe or Ngannou
Belfort was the closest.

GSP and Fedor have never tested positive for PEDs.

If he is an enhanced athlete, as I believe he is, we have never seen his chin tested un-enhanced. Steroids give a huge boost in your ability to take a shot. Many fighters coming off of roids can no longer take a shot. This is a huge asterisk as far as I'm concerned.

Greatness is complicated.

He might be the best but not the greatest at this point. It could change, he's got a few years left. If he keeps piling up 2 and 3 title defenses per year then it'll become hard to ignore even for people who hate him

We all know deep down Jones is a cheater,but we still think even without it he is still the best to ever do it,simple as that.

Greatness is complicated.

He might be the best but not the greatest at this point. It could change, he's got a few years left. If he keeps piling up 2 and 3 title defenses per year then it'll become hard to ignore even for people who hate him
I can agree with this.

Belfort was the closest.

Closest to finishing but after that Jones took control. DC and Gus (1st fight) were at least in the fights and making it close the whole way through

If he is an enhanced athlete, as I believe he is, we have never seen his chin tested un-enhanced. Steroids give a huge boost in your ability to take a shot. Many fighters coming off of roids can no longer take a shot. This is a huge asterisk as far as I'm concerned.

That's true. It's a bit crazy that he's fought so many explosive powerful guys but he's never really been rocked or wobbled. Even DC got dropped with punches by Rumble, then rocked by a head kick by Rumble, and of course got KO'd by Jon.

eap3zp.jpg

This would have put a lot of guys out but Jon ate it

If Cejudo avenges the loss to joe b and defends both belts he’s got a shot at being the goat

Closest to finishing but after that Jones took control. DC and Gus (1st fight) were at least in the fights and making it close the whole way through

That's true. It's a bit crazy that he's fought so many explosive powerful guys but he's never really been rocked or wobbled. Even DC got dropped with punches by Rumble, then rocked by a head kick by Rumble, and of course got KO'd by Jon.

eap3zp.jpg

This would have put a lot of guys out but Jon ate it
Rewatch Jones Cormier 2. Watch the power that DC repeatedly lands right on Jones chin and you tell me what's going on there. I don't give a fuck what anyone says I am convinced Jones has a substance enhanced chin.

Jones manages to make the punches that DC lands in the rematch look like nothing. DC repeatedly cracks him right on the chin and Jones doesn't even flinch. DC who KO'd stipe with one punch and KO'd ROIDED bigfoot with 1-2 punches. Something isn't right.

I can never completely decide on Jon Jones. The eye test tells me that he is incredibly frustrating and about impossible to defeat. I want to like Jones. I want him to be the GOAT. It is amazing when we get these unstoppable fighters. Witnessing greatness is amazing.

I've listened to the arguments made for his failed tests, and I've never found them all that convincing. The arguments made, repeatedly ignore very important caveats to their "evidence". What they are saying sounds like nothing more than a hypothesis with limited and poorly run studies.

Jones also strikes me (only my opinion) as the type of person who will do anything he feels like and look for a way out later. It seems to work for him in all of his troubles, eventually. I'll have to think on it over time.

NO just NO.

Career Cheat in and out of the cage.

Dana is just tryin to sell tickets.

We all know deep down Jones is a cheater,but we still think even without it he is still the best to ever do it,simple as that.
Most people gloss over the fact guys like Chael and Jon fought guys equally or more juiced....

And if you get an honest answer from them....they're all still geared up, the testing just doesn't see it. It's a lot more complicated than just a positive or negative test....

If you disqualify him due to steroids, it is understandable. But I personally don't care about steroids and would love it if they just allow it for everybody. For me, Jones is unquestionably number 1 right now.

Back