Badly Needed Mulligans in MMA

TRYHARD 2001

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
"A Mulligan, in a game, happens when a player gets a second chance to perform a certain move or action; usually due to lack of skill or bitter luck. A "Do-Over". Like getting an "Extra Play" in pinball due to sinking the ball before obtaining an arbitrary amount of points."

What I'm speaking of here gents are fights that need to happen again. They don't need to happen again because they were extremely entertaining, although they may have been. They don't need to happen again because of a controversial decision, although that may have come into play. They don't need to happen because of a nasty foul or freak injury cutting them short. These fights need to happen again because they involve a fighter you love getting absolutely smoked by a jobber who had no place fighting on the same card as your guy, let alone whoopin' him!

I feel some examples might get across to you my point here:

1. George Freakin' Roop vs KZ: This bad boy happened a long ass time ago and it ain't pretty to watch if you're a KZ fan. Cliffnotes version, KZ gets absolutely annihilated by a scarecrow. It was never competitive, ended violently, and made me underestimate KZ for years afterward. George Roop holding a win over KZ is just not satisfactory for me. George Roop absolutely massacring The Zombie is just.....

2. Michael Johnson vs Dustin Poirier: I'm an MJ fan. I know how good his standup was and occasionally still is. Him sparking Poirier the way he did, when you consider the roll Dustin was on before, and then consider the amazing streak he's been on after, was a major blip on the radar and a blotch on the Diamond's record that stalled his career for years. When you consider how durable and amazing he's looked against bigger punchers after this fight and the fact that he's a live dog against the best LW the world's ever seen, it's just one that I'd love to see happen again if MJ could actually win a couple big fights in any division (starting to look unlikely) so Dustin can make things right and erase a little of that nasty past. A lot of people will question this Mulligan, but if you think about it, it's better for the sport if Dustin could avenge this loss cuz MJ really isn't champ material.

3. MJ vs Fergie: Everything I said above x 5. Fergie got beat up badly here and the fact that he's looked more or less unbeatable since this loss way back (Castillo fight notwithstanding), won a championship, and made some of the greatest sacrifices to the JBG I can think of off the top of my head makes me want to see him wreck Johnson for the sport. And the Watch. You know noothing...

4. Eric "Skinny Yet Still Undeniably Fat" Spicely vs Thiago Santos: This is why I made this thread. I used the search function, saw no Mulligan threads, and decided to get this going. I usually don't make new threads, just resurrect old ones with the appropriate titles, but when I saw this hadn't been made yet I felt compelled. Someone made a thread about this fight today and how you shouldn't take Thiago seriously because of this loss. It's not true, but man was this ever a horrific loss from a guy who has TKO wins over Lionheart, Hermansson, Manuwa, and Blachowicz! And it was recent too! And it was Eric Spicely! If Santos loses to Bones (when he loses, realistically) I need to see this one run back. This just ain't okay.

These are just a few that have occurred to me and I don't realistically see any of them happening in the near future or at all. I guess it was just an opportunity to vent on a sport which can be so cruel... and unpredictable... and cost you so much money on what should be a sure thing.

I encourage you to share yours. Just remember the criteria for these Mulligans.

Obviously, Aldo needs a mulligan vs. McGregor
5f4017ccd1551383551c343666c263ce.gif

Almost 4 years later and it still stings.

cliffs ? for a thread i wont read.

I know it’s weight cut related but In what world does rich clementi have a win over rumble.

@YOLOGOGOPLATA
In a higher weight class and different sport. Plus the technically avenged one of them.

Aldo just lost to Volk. It’s not interesting to me anymore tbh.

Aldo-KZ or Aldo Stephens 2

Conor has also lost 3 fights since 194.
Aldo is 3-3 since 194
McGregor is 2-3 since 194

I'm a fan of both, but I have no respect for people like you who are just here to stir up shit

Diaz/Mayweather/Khabib
Obviously
Mayweather hahaha,fucking casual

@YOLOGOGOPLATA
In a higher weight class and different sport. Plus the technically avenged one of them.

Aldo just lost to Volk. It’s not interesting to me anymore tbh.

Aldo-KZ or Aldo Stephens 2
Man Aldo losing to Volk was such a disappointment. He totally shit the bed, there is zero justification for that performance.
Mayweather hahaha,fucking casual
So McGregor is 2-2 in MMA and Aldo is 3-3 in MMA since then, wow big difference. Assholes like you make me play devils advocate. I'm done arguing, I'm a huge fan of both Conor and Jose. Go troll someone else

McGregor Khabib
This time off the yayo and without injury.

Prime Johnson beats Ferguson in a 3rd fight
Has cardio to last and is far to quick on the feet.

MJ beats Poirer again. Conor and MJ both SP and both embarrassed him. I’m very surprised Dustins chin has held up so long.

Give Ngannou another shot at stipe.

Man Aldo losing to Volk was such a disappointment. He totally shit the bed, there is zero justification for that performance.

So McGregor is 2-2 in MMA and Aldo is 3-3 in MMA since then, wow big difference. Assholes like you make me play devils advocate. I'm done arguing, I'm a huge fan of both Conor and Jose. Go troll someone else

Why are you so triggered about this is the real question. Somebody gave an opinion and then you stirred up shit after telling someone else to not stir up shit. Its an MMA forum, people think differently, get over it.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Back