why do you like mma?

Because it's more of a thrill than any other sport, especially huge championship fights

Plus I don't like team sports

Violence and the challenge of the ultimate chess match.

Violence without the chess match is bumfights or even toughman.

And chess match without the violence is....well, chess. Or wrestling.

I was just as excited when I saw a small bjj guy sub a big dude as I was when I saw a big dude destroy another big dude. I've noticed that's the biggest difference between me and some of my friends who haven't bothered to stick with the sport. They liked big-dude-on-big-dude violence. Tank was their favorite. I did too, but I also loved the subs. The technique. I became a life long fan, and they didn't.

It's a sport for real men, you don't see voluntary flopping unless it's a BJJ focused fighter.

One on one competition is the apex of competing and fighting is the apex of competition.

It's the first real sport. Just 2 men fighting. It's practical. You don't need any tools or utilities, you just need 2 guys and their bodies.

Also I like the fact that it's about individuals (on the surface, of course we all know how much the coaching and team matters), it's unpredictable, it's violent but at the same time cerebral, I enjoy the fact that there's so many different styles and that each fighter is different from the next - the pesonality of the person influences his fighting style.
I love it that you can look away from the screen for one second and in that second the whole fight can change. This is what initially got me hooked, I believe.

I could go on and on an on, seriously. MMA is awesome.

I used to like it before wmma was around. Now it’s just shitty.

Because I want to know who the baddest man on the planet is. Simple as that.

Its still the rawest competitive sport out there right now. No equipment, no ball, no goals. Just two men, their fists and their wits.

One on one competition. It's year-round (as opposed to regular season and playoffs and then long layoffs of other sports). Seeing how styles and techniques match up. International flavor. Interacting with different people here. The excitement and tension of every fight being extremely important for each participant.

It is one of the purest forms of the competition. You have two highly trained fighters from anywhere in the world competing against each other with the one common goal of attaining victory. And only one fighter can be victorious, that alone makes for some amazing fights and amazing moments and some great technique on display.

fedor-cro-cop.jpg

059_Robbie_Lawler_vs_Rory_MacDonald.0.0.jpg

WindingPhysicalBelugawhale-size_restricted.gif

22-Fedor-Emelianenko-vs-Antnio-Rodrigo-Nogueira.gif

All sport is combat, MMA just has the least bells and whistles, which I like.

I was a big boxing fan in the 1970'-1990's, then when I saw the first UFC's it just took boxing and went far beyond. It was so radical! A cage, 2 men enter, only one walks out! If you liked combat sports, you had to like MMA.

Back