Alexander Volkanovski - “I’m similar style to Khabib when it comes to ground” *hint He’s BETTER

suhdude

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
“I believe I’m a similar style to Khabib when it comes to the ground and stuff, but I believe I’ve got a whole ‘nother, higher level of striking.”

Volkanovski is Khabib 2.0 with better striking and better ground game. He fought the likes of Mendez and incredible wrestler and won against Aldo who is a NIGHTMARE for Khabib with his take down defense. Khabib only fought one decent wrestler, a journey man in Al La quit ya. He had a 5 rounder decision. I pray Volkanovski moves up to 155 and we can feed him Khabib. Only person that gives him trouble is Dustin, because he’s slick in the pocket and his footwork will pose troubles for take downs. Once dustin beats Khabib maybe Volk can fight Khabib and establish himself a legitimate title shot.

https://thebodylockmma.com/ufc/alex...-style-to-khabib-when-it-comes-to-the-ground/

Khabib beats Dustin imo.

My other imo is that you don't 'feed' khabib to anyone.

Shit thread by shitposter

According to Khabib fan boys Khabibs only one lb bigger so set it up at featherweight.

Anyway Khabib is superior on the ground and is a better chain wrestler imo. I think chad is a better wrestler than both tbh.

Khabib,Volk and Edgar all best Holloway
War Volk
War Edgar

won against Aldo who is a NIGHTMARE for Khabib with his take down defense.
I've seen this narrative before a bunch of times... Aldo has terrific TDD, but he is not a nightmare for Khabib lmao. Size matters. He'd get absolutely wrestlefucked.

According to Khabib fan boys Khabibs only one lb bigger so set it up at featherweight.

Anyway Khabib is superior on the ground and is a better chain wrestler imo. I think chad is a better wrestler than both tbh.

Khabib,Volk and Edgar all best Holloway
War Volk
War Edgar
Chad's TDs are stupidly good but his top game is severely lacking. Really wish he invested more time into BJJ to round out his game some more.

Volk is a fucking beast. No Khabib but a monster in his own right.

Also it would make more sense to do it at LW. Volk is a big mofo. 5 fights at WW, 4 LW fights, and 1 catchweight. Him and Khabib are probably about the same weight (definitely with 5 pounds in the cage imo)

Khabib beats him handily on the ground and breaks him down. Size matters and Khabib can match him physically. I also think Khabib has a better chin too

I am not sold on him. He fought an Aldo that didn't show up.

he's great. but his last fight with aldo doesn't mean much imo. terrible performance by aldo and volkanovski did just enough to win. bad fight.

Yeah, thats what they all say till khabib gets his hands on theme. His record speaks for itself. He's an animal, not only his wrestling, he has a big hard head and and an iron chin, cardio for days, he always come's in with a solid gameplan only deviating when he feels like his opponet poses no significant threat. He eats Dustin up, then fights Tony.

I'd say nice shitpost but this was a poor attempt

The guys acting like he put on some all time performance vs Aldo

He won, but the fight was boring as shit and Aldo looked lethargic as hell and seemed to be winging it

Props for the win, but cool it

Didn't really get the impression "Khabib 2.0" watching his last fight

Good fighter though. Beating Aldo isn't what it once was, but it's still impressive

i think a LW version of volk would give khabib a pretty tough fight.

(not saying volk at LW, saying if volk was a natural LW, although he used to play rugby at like.. 230 or something? so basically if he was just taller)

Better ground game than volk? The guy wall and stalled Elkins, and you mention Mendes as a credible win, Mendes was taking him down with ease, Volkanovski won that fight due to striking and Mendes gassing him out lol. He's nothing similar to Khabib.

Back