What would be GSP's record against Usman, Covington, and Woodley

Threetrees

He/Him
@plutonium
Reaction score
The three greats of the WW division right now?

Would GSP go 0 for against this new crop of Welterweights?

All fuckedd by the GOAT, the only one who wouled be a bit of trouble with be Usman the others would be like a walk in the Park

1-2 or 2-1 I'd say. He'd beat Covington and lose to Usman and Woodley, or beat Covington and Woodley but lose to Usman.

1-2

GSP was WW GOAT until Woodley beat Maia. Usman beat Woodley and is now WW GOAT.

Colby sucks.

Prime GSP destroys all three of them. Current GSP would still arguably beat all three though the fight with Usman would be close.

I think after Woodley Usman gotta go with Gsp doing the same to Tyrone and Usman outworking Gsp.

he would prolly win woodley colby but lose to EPOsman

My money on total package GSP for the UD against them all...
*Game plan
*Fight IQ
*Experience

Usman could make it interesting visibly, but scorecards would go to GSP

Reckon he'd have too much riddum for rapper T-wood, be too much pimp for virgin Covington and have a tough fight against Marty.

50-45, 50-45, 50-45
50-45, 50-45, 50-45
50-45, 49-46, 50-45

Prime GSP was so far ahead of the field, one could argue fighters at WW still haven't caught up.

GSP was a better technical striker than all three, and not likely to get controlled via wrestling. Usman and Colby don't have the power to seriously threaten GSP IMO. I think Usman would be game, but just technically outmatched. Colby would get run over but probably not finished.

I think the only X-factor here is Woodley's power, and I think GSP's gameplan would do a good job neutralizing it far more often than not. But if he were to lose against any of them, that's how I think it would happen.

What is the obsession with threads about how GSP would lose to the new champ (Woodley, Usman, ...)?

He'd be a clear favorite over all 3. Colby and Woodley are tailor made for him. T-wood struggles against people that pressure, through the jab and can single/double leg him if he attempts to explode. While T-wood is incredibly talented, his holes are pretty clear for a guy like GSP to expose. Colby would get taken down and simply doesn't have the stand up to deal with GSP. Usman is the best match up, he's tough, durable, great gas tank and transitions his take down offence incredibly well. That being said, George knows how to make the pressure boxer/wrestlers struggle. His wrestling is in my opinion the best we have ever seen against pressure fighters, he makes you pay for the slightest of mistakes. Georges stand up game is just better then Usmans, Usman could land something, but he's not really some crazy power puncher and George's Jab would once again create issues for Usman

Prime GSP smokes all of them.

They bring absolutely NOTHING new to the table. GSP is tailor made for beating orthodox wrestlers.

People are either too ignorant/stupid/blinded by hate to see it.

You need a southpaw wrestler with power who can handfight the jab away and punish him.

Styles make fights...yadda

3 - 0
Close decision against Usman
Unanimous and relatively easy decision vs Woodley
Submission victory in third or fourth round against Colby

giphy.gif

Close fight against Covington, UD loss against Usman, gets knocked out by Woodley

Prime Gsp vs the current version of them? Usman would get robbed a decision. Woodley and Colby would get jabbed to death.

Back