Conor's next fight should be against a can

M.A.G.A.

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
How about Conor vs Gray Maynard or Jim Miller?

Conor needs a win really bad to get back some lost confidence, why not put him in there with a fighter that is there just to showcase McGregor's skills?

Things like this are not common in the UFC but it's been done in boxing for years, why not gift Conor a win?

You don't need to go to the can level.

Someone who is in the top 5 (or maybe just outside it), who is a friendly stylistic match is fine, if you are inclined to do such things.

Beating an actual can does relatively little for Conor at this point. Besides, I'm sure he would take another 12-18 month break afterwards to grab his crotch and scream about how he deserves a rematch with Khabib.

Jim miller? Is he even still alive?

Conor would smoke most of the top 10 easily.

It should be against Tony... Make him earn his title shot and let Ferguson have his red panty night for all his troubles.

I'd dare Conor to fight Gaethje in his comeback fight as well

Conor has too many good wins. There is no going back. Aaron Pico on the other hand.....

More like a top 10 that won't attempt to grapple...

Well, the fight of Conor’s next opponent will be against a can.

<BronTroll1>

Can? No.
A significant drop in the rankings? Probably.

Give him someone like Barboza who's a tough fight, but matches up well for him stylistically

20131219084014_dennis_siver.JPG

Conor's next fight will be out of the card board box he will be living in after blowing all his Floyd money. He should retire there is nothing left for him. Khabib would destroy him 10 out of 10 times, with Tony and Dustin owning the majority of them as well.

I just hope he keeps staying inactive, lowers the odds of him winning

I agree
Hopefully they give him the Khabib rematch next and he doesn't try to fight him with a broken foot

How about Conor vs Gray Maynard or Jim Miller?

Conor needs a win really bad to get back some lost confidence, why not put him in there with a fighter that is there just to showcase McGregor's skills?

Things like this are not common in the UFC but it's been done in boxing for years, why not gift Conor a win?

I think as good as Gaethje is, he fits your description quite well. He's also got no one good to fight anyway - Khabib is tied up with Poirier, Tony wants a rematch with Cowboy (or he may prefer to just sit and wait for his title shot), Al and Cowboy just lost and he already knocked out Barboza... So unless he accepts a fight with someone low down like Felder (and he's been saying he wants someone ranked above him, not below him), then Conor is all that's left

I agree
Hopefully they give him the Khabib rematch next and he doesn't try to fight him with a broken foot
I can’t tell if Conor injured his foot prancing around like a baby deer at the open workouts or slamming both of his feet on the canvas repeatedly before the fight. Either way, it’s unfortunate.

Back