Could Amanda Nunes make Fly Weight?

MMAProfessional

Golden Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I know it might sound crazy given that she moved up and beat cyborg but I feel like she has some weight to lose even at BW.

13_Amanda_Nunes.0.jpg

She might look drained here to a point but not cut up
maxresdefault.jpg

Looking at this picture you would thin Valentina is in the right weight class but dropped down. I realize Nunes is listed as 5'8 and Valentina at 5'5 but that does look accurate looking at this photo.

holly-holm-valentina-shevchenko-ufc-on-fox-20.jpg

Here's Holm listed as the same height as Nunes and doesn't seem to be 3 inches taller. Also look a lot leaner than Nunes here.

She could EAT a fly weight.

I don't think so. Shes UberNunes now..

nunes%20ansaroff.jpg
I was trying to find this picture lol. I think her thing is nutrition that would hold her back. She clearly indulgences when she's not fighting. She's got to be 170 here.

also why risk a bad weight cut to go down to flw? she's already a double champ and doesn't need to prove anything to anyone (unlike cejudo)

I've no doubt she *could* (technically) drop to 125lbs if she really really wanted to, and lost some muscle as wel as trimmed bodyfat hard.

But....she doesn't want to, so not gonna happen.

I wouldn't advise it. I imagine she cuts a great deal to get to 135 as it is.

Doubt it. Wasn't she bigger then Cyborg ( who can't make 135 ) at 145... Instead of 125 maybe a Super Fight vs Kayla at 155 to squash all that hype down the road...

If she cut off her cocknballs.

If you actually watch Nunes fights with Valentina she looks a whole weight class above her. Makes Valentina almost winning even more impressive.

Why bother when she could KTFO Montano and have the distinction of beating every 125, 135, and 145 pound champion?

Cutting from 135 to 125 has been and can be accomplished scientifically, you just need to ask the right person.

tj-nunes.png

Nunes nearly lost to an undersized Valentina for the belt and probably would have lost the first one had it been a 5 rounder. Now you want her to weaken herself to 125 to face Valentina at her comfortable weight class? I don't think the judges will be able to help her on this one.

Why give her a shot in a class that she will never compete in? That is just stupid. So she can try to be a triple champ? You have to compete in a class to be the champion or you are just a tourist screwing up the works for everyone, and for nothing. If they meet again down the road, it should be at 135 again, at least Valentina has shown she can consistently compete in the division.

Just a weird fantasy that makes no sense at all in my opinion.

Maybe she would actually be sexy at 125. She looks like a goddamn Mack truck at 135/145. Looks like she should be driving that Mack truck as a day job or something. In all seriousness I respect her and I respect Nina. They're awesome.

Back