suhdude

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Roy Nelson
Roy_Nelson.jpg

Daniel Cormier
69a79-15601747542267-800.jpg

All compete with people that are jacked and lean yet win. Their bodies are natural big and they have iron jaws.Then you fighters who mutilate their body by science or are obsessed with physical appearance. Wanna know what six pack does for fighters?

gspserra1.gif

Roy Nelson has also lost to plenty of those jacked and lean guys. DC lost to a lean guy.

Can’t forget big Timmeh

1A183445-BCC5-412B-887A-8D0709DDDE9F.jpeg

Warden always said "Watch out for the swifty fat ones.."

You can be fat and athletic. Plus, in the fight game, the skills pay the bills.

skynews-anthony-joshua-andy-ruiz-jr_4684382.jpg

Why did you use Serra beating GSP as an example? Serra wasn't fat. DC is a decent example but Nelson is a walking heavy bag. Also most overweight fighters have zero cardio. Most the fat dudes I can think of either rely on using their size to lay on people or try to land a bomb on their opponents and ko them stiff. DC is pretty rare in the fact that he's fat but is quick, has decent cardio and is well rounded.

Roy Nelson
Roy_Nelson.jpg

Daniel Cormier

All compete with people that are jacked and lean yet win. Their bodies are natural big and they have iron jaws.Then you fighters who mutilate their body by science or are obsessed with physical appearance. Wanna know what six pack does for fighters?

gspserra1.gif
Roy Nelson doesn't win much, definitely not anymore.

Roy Nelson
Roy_Nelson.jpg

Daniel Cormier

gspserra1.gif

The Serra GSP gif is showing up tiny for me. Just re-posting one in a larger size and you can copy it if you like, here:

gif8.gif

Why did you use Serra beating GSP as an example? Serra wasn't fat. DC is a decent example but Nelson is a walking heavy bag. Also most overweight fighters have zero cardio. Most the fat dudes I can think of either rely on using their size to lay on people or try to land a bomb on their opponents and ko them stiff. DC is pretty rare in the fact that he's fat but is quick, has decent cardio and is well rounded.

Haha "well rounded" good fat joke...

Roy Nelson
Roy_Nelson.jpg

Daniel Cormier

gspserra1.gif
1CE7A76C-16D8-4234-8C42-2870299F3C36.jpeg F6F8CED1-BB00-4E53-A754-EFCAAA2EDE11.jpeg

The most accomplished HWs in the history of MMA are Fedor, Nog, Werdum, JDS, and Stipe.
I wouldn't say any of them were fat at any point of their athletic peaks.

2bnor9.jpg

Werdum-vs.-Nog.jpg

MAIN.0.0.jpg

I would say the opposite.

This is one of your "fat guys"? Roy Nelson also has 17 losses and likely CTE.

iu

If any of us had to farm our own food, this wouldn't be a real discussion.

Just saying, we're clearly all blessed and lucky.

There was a defensive tackle in the NFL named Grady Jackson who at close to 400lbs could dunk a basketball. That's some serious athleticism.

Jacked/Lean doesn't = Hand Speed/Reflexes.

Case and point

skynews-anthony-joshua-andy-ruiz-jr_4684382.jpg

usa_today_10810529.0.jpg

0329A08E-1422-0E8C-9AD553EC06B5E371.jpg

NFL/Soccer/etc athletes have unknown hand speed or reflxes ducking/moving there head.......These attributes are important in combat sports......

Sure they may be fast and agile when running, but that shit is worthless in MMA

Back