Cormier hinting at him being out of fighting shape with instagram post

champbless2

Seraldo Babalu
Banned
Reaction score

I also read his interview recently he said this:

“I get this done again. I feel like I will prepare myself and get ready to fight come August 17. If you asked me today? I probably couldn’t beat Stipe Miocic. I’m out of shape, I’m barely getting started. I’m just working, trying to drop off the extra pounds. I’ve been living a very, very cushy life since November. I’ve been working television, enjoying my family, coaching wrestling. So I’ve got some work to do to get back where I need to be. . .

Should we be worried? I dont want Caveman to win this

Dc bless

He doesn't really seem motivated for this fight, kinda hard to be when you have to beat someone again instead of getting the money fight they told him he was getting, dude was probably already planning on what to spend that money on.

Is Couch-potato Cormier going to be the next sea-level Cain excuse? If he wins this rematch, he should just retire and enjoy life. He’s not getting any younger and has nothing left to prove.

that dude can eat 1 cupcake and gain 10 pounds lol

This is what he always does, he starts off out of shape then gets dialed in as the camp goes. It's his own fault for eating so much between fights. It also doesn't help that he's 40 and not on steroids, natty 40 year olds are not meant to be doing grueling physical work like he's doing. And as others have said its hard to get as motivated for a rematch from your last fight that you won in the best way possible (first round KO), its very unlikely that the rematch could go any better than the first fight did for DC so that in itself is demoralizing.

I think he’s just one of those fighters that is in shape at fight time, but let’s himself go in between.

He isn’t going to walk in there out of shape.

giphy.gif

DC got that grind in 'em

9 weeks should be more than enough to get ready for Stipe, especially without the weight cut to worry about

Out of fighting shape before training camp? Is normal in all sports for a big man.... Doesn't mean he isn't going to steal back Stipe's soul that he was nice enough to give back to him...

I also read his interview recently he said this:

“I get this done again. I feel like I will prepare myself and get ready to fight come August 17. If you asked me today? I probably couldn’t beat Stipe Miocic. I’m out of shape, I’m barely getting started. I’m just working, trying to drop off the extra pounds. I’ve been living a very, very cushy life since November. I’ve been working television, enjoying my family, coaching wrestling. So I’ve got some work to do to get back where I need to be. . .

Should we be worried? I dont want Caveman to win this

Dc bless

Should he be in shape with 9 weeks to go?

Your heavyweight champ everyone. Hold out for that money fight, stay inactive for 10 months, fuck up the flow of the division, and then start making excuses in advance in case you lose.

DC already has his excuse ready for when Stipe KOs him.

Should he be in shape with 9 weeks to go?
What shape does he need to be in? He doesn't need to cut to 265, and he seems pretty damn positive he'll steam roll through Stipe again. So he only needs cardio for 2 rounds tops.

I can't with you morons

its the start of trainer camp

OBVIOUSLY hes not ready and is out of shape relative to where he'll be on fight night

The hate DC gets is just unbelievable. He should just retire now, why even give these pos jones fans another way to shit on him if he loses to Stipe. At least DC is man enough to fight Stipe, unlike Jones who wouldnt even fight a MW like Chael on like a months notice.

I don't see how Stipe can win this one.

The hate DC gets is just unbelievable. He should just retire now, why even give these pos jones fans another way to shit on him if he loses to Stipe. At least DC is man enough to fight Stipe, unlike Jones who wouldnt even fight a MW like Chael on like a months notice.
Honestly, most Jones hate is unwarranted, but this is the one thing Jones did that still annoys me. Couldn’t fight Sonnen on short notice.

What shape he's in in two months is what matters.

There's no way he can get into better shape in 9 WEEKS.

Honestly, most Jones hate is unwarranted, but this is the one thing Jones did that still annoys me. Couldn’t fight Sonnen on short notice.
How is most of Jones hate unwarranted? Even if you put all of his personal fuck ups aside, you have the illegal strikes, eye pokes, shady crawling on the ground to get close to your opponent, and then all the PED usage.

Back